removing product reviews

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Is there a way to remove the ability to leave product reviews? I would like to disable this, but do not see how to do so in the User Guide or in the Admin area. Please help.
11 years ago
you can try to remove the "review" block from cshtml.
11 years ago
Go to the product details page (admin area) and uncheck "Allow customer reviews"
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Go to the product details page (admin area) and uncheck "Allow customer reviews"

Thank you for your response. I see the checkbox now.
9 years ago
jacspear wrote:

Thank you for your response. I see the checkbox now.

Hello Sir,

We  couldn't find "Allow customer reviews" in admin please help us to enable Product Reviews .

Thanks
Email:[email protected]
9 years ago
shaiktwills wrote:

We  couldn't find "Allow customer reviews" in admin please help us to enable Product Reviews .

You can only enable/disable it for a single product, not for the whole website.
So go to the single product page and you'll find it right under the "Full description" field.
Admin Area -> Catalog -> Products -> Manage Products -> Edit

http://bit.ly/1u6xAnS

@Andrei:
I really would like to have to option to enable/disable it for the whole site,
that would give the shop administrator a better control for product reviews.

Best regards,
LevelZwo
7 years ago
Indeed, why is this not a global option yet?
7 years ago
In the latest version of nopCommerce, you need to click the Basic/Advanced button and set the product details to Advanced to reveal the "Allow customer reviews" option.  

I believe you can disallow all products from being reviewed from the database, by running the following SQL on the product table:

UPDATE [Product]
SET [AllowCustomerReviews] = 0

You'd of course only want to do that after setting up all of your products.  

Perhaps one of the more experienced developers here can suggest a way to uncheck the "Allow customer reviews" checkbox by default when creating new products.
7 years ago
Thank you for the reply!

There are workarounds, yeah, but still no actual global option to disable reviews in all products.
This should probably be a Store option.
7 years ago
To set the default of not allowing customer review of newly created product, look into source at Nop.Admin/Controllers/ProductColler.cs/PrepareProductModel()/Changed model.AllowCustomerReviews = true; to model.AllowCustomerReviews = false;

You can also set other fields to your preferred defaults.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.