Dynamic Pricing per Dimensions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a best practice for creating a single product who's price is determined from, say, a width and height.

This would essentially make this single product able to have an infinite amount of variations and pricings on it..

To add to the complexity, this "formula" for determining the price based on width/height is not linear. Meaning, the price / square foot decreases as the size(or area) of the product increases.

What is the best practice for doing custom price calculations per product in nop 2+, I guess is my real question??

What specific Cart logic or models/actions should I be modifying to achieve this result. I don't mind hard-coding this custom formula, just making sure I am approaching this correctly.

Thank you kindly, and best regards to everyone using Nop :) Long time supporter.
11 years ago
TheCodeGuy wrote:
Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a best practice for creating a single product who's price is determined from, say, a width and height.

This would essentially make this single product able to have an infinite amount of variations and pricings on it..

To add to the complexity, this "formula" for determining the price based on width/height is not linear. Meaning, the price / square foot decreases as the size(or area) of the product increases.

What is the best practice for doing custom price calculations per product in nop 2+, I guess is my real question??

What specific Cart logic or models/actions should I be modifying to achieve this result. I don't mind hard-coding this custom formula, just making sure I am approaching this correctly.

Thank you kindly, and best regards to everyone using Nop :) Long time supporter.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/16762/suggestion-enhance-product-attributes-for-selling-by-dimensions.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.