Does nopCommerce support a B2B catalog and a B2C catalog under one solution.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I'm trying to find a solution for a client that has some very particular requirements around product access. The store is meant to be a hybrid B2B/B2C experience.

Logged in users that have B2B permissions would have access to view and purchase B2B products, (wholesale buyers)
Logged in users that have B2C permissions would have access to view and purchase B2C products. (customer buyers)

Please note, the B2B and B2C catalogs would need to list a different price and description, one for B2B and one for B2C.  Can I have 2 different catalogs in nopCommerce?  

Does anything like this currently exist for nopCommerce? If not can it be coded into nopCommerce by someone who is an experienced .Net and MVC developer?
11 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
I'm trying to find a solution for a client that has some very particular requirements around product access. The store is meant to be a hybrid B2B/B2C experience.

Logged in users that have B2B permissions would have access to view and purchase B2B products, (wholesale buyers)
Logged in users that have B2C permissions would have access to view and purchase B2C products. (customer buyers)

Please note, the B2B and B2C catalogs would need to list a different price and description, one for B2B and one for B2C.  Can I have 2 different catalogs in nopCommerce?  

Does anything like this currently exist for nopCommerce? If not can it be coded into nopCommerce by someone who is an experienced .Net and MVC developer?

This is not available out of the box. It requires ACL on Products and ACL on Categories which are on the road map and you can vote for them. To have different descriptions by customer role would require some minor (my guess) customization.
A simple way to get what you want out of the box, which we have done, is to have two separate stores under the same site. It has the advantage that you can have more individualization (payment and shippment methods, discounts, rewards, list/details displays, etc.) for each of your 2 types of customers.
11 years ago
Until such times as B2B and B2C is available, can you give any further guidance on how to set up 2 stores with 1 site, as per your suggested work around?  Thanks
11 years ago
vinterested wrote:
Until such times as B2B and B2C is available, can you give any further guidance on how to set up 2 stores with 1 site, as per your suggested work around?  Thanks

Sorry but I dont have much coding experience. But it is very simple create your b2c store under a domain (yourstore.com) and linkit to your b2b under another domain (yourb2bstore.com). Example and click on blue/red banner Club de Oficinas (midle of right column) which links you to entrance (log-in) of b2b store
11 years ago
eadameg wrote:
Sorry but I dont have much coding experience. But it is very simple create your b2c store under a domain (yourstore.com) and linkit to your b2b under another domain (yourb2bstore.com). Example and click on blue/red banner Club de Oficinas (midle of right column) which links you to entrance (log-in) of b2b store

IMPORTANT: you will have 2 independent catalogs so if you have inventory control you will have to sincronize them from time to time.
11 years ago
Thanks everyone.  Unfortunately, probably not an option for us since we do use inventory control.  Shame.  Hopefully V2.7 will sort it out.
11 years ago
Check https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/19389/suggestions-for-acl-on-categoriesproductsmanufacturers-and-multi-stores.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.