I get the Installation page after deployment

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi all,

I finished the development locally (version 2.60) and everything was working fine.

I run the prepare.bat and the deploy.bat.

Copied the entire content of nop_2.60 inside the Deployable folder to the server, but when I hit the home page I get the "Installation" page.

I tried copying manually the "InstalledPlugins.txt" and the "Settings.txt" found in the App_Data folder, but nothing happened. I still am getting the installation page.

Can anyone tell me what's going on and how to work around this issue?

Many thanks.
11 years ago
is the database ready on your hosting?
11 years ago
nopDev wrote:
is the database ready on your hosting?

Yes!

I will tell you more. I connected to the Servers database to load products while still running the local version. I just can't figure out what is going on!

Thanks for the help!
11 years ago
Settings.txt contains the connection string to the DB.

You will need to change it to point at the DB on the webserver - it's pointing at the DB on your dev machine currently.

I think(?) when Nop doesn't find the DB it reverts to the install process.

HTH

Dave
11 years ago
daveb wrote:
Settings.txt contains the connection string to the DB.

You will need to change it to point at the DB on the webserver - it's pointing at the DB on your dev machine currently.

I think(?) when Nop doesn't find the DB it reverts to the install process.

HTH

Dave

The Settings.txt was already pointing to the DB on the server. I used my local copy, prior deploying, to upload few products to the web server database.

I have no Idea what happened during the deployment. I re-did everything (deployment) from scratch and finally worked. Still don't know what the problem was.

Thanks much for all the help as always!!

Take care.
7 years ago
Any fix for this without repeating everything from scratch?
7 years ago
This problem is always related to the nopCommerce application not being able to find the database.
As indicated, verify that your connection string in the /App_Data/Settings.txt is correct.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.