What is the best approach to my idea? A plugin or a widget?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi,
I would like to have a website section where users can "vote up" in products to give them "reputation".
This would NOT be inside the product details page, instead it would be a separate page with all the products and the vote button.

My question is: would this be a plug-in, a widget or none of these (and I would just implement this functionality inside NopCommerce code or create a new website for that)?

Thanks,
Oscar
11 years ago
I was able to get read access on the database using a plugin, so I think it's very likely you can get write access to the database as well.  The tricky part might be how you add the vote data into the database schema.
11 years ago
Adding the vote data is nor problem. The question would be:
We have the concept or plugin and widget

I have this requirement and we have plugins (that are used to extend the functionality) and widgets (which is a stand alone applicatin that can be embedded).
For me they are very similar so I would like to know from more experienced devs which one applied best for my needs...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.