Having issue displaying admin/manage products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I am having problems displaying the product list page.
I receive this error below
will appreciate any help
" Parameter is not valid.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.

Source Error:

Line 67:         <tr>
Line 68:             <td>
Line 69:                 @(Html.Telerik().Grid<ProductModel>(Model.Products.Data)
Line 70:                     .Name("products-grid")
Line 71:                     .Columns(columns =>

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.]
   System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream) +438617
   Nop.Services.Media.PictureService.GetPictureUrl(Picture picture, Int32 targetSize, Boolean showDefaultPicture) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Media\PictureService.cs:410
   Nop.Admin.Controllers.ProductController.PrepareProductPictureThumbnailModel(ProductModel model, Product product) +89
   Nop.Admin.Controllers.ProductController.<List>b__d(Product x) +34
   System.Linq.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext() +110
   Telerik.Web.Mvc.UI.Html.<GetEnumerator>d__2.MoveNext() +756
   System.Linq.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext() +177
   Telerik.Web.Mvc.UI.Html.GridDataSectionBuilder.CreateBody(IEnumerable`1 rowBuilders) +121
   Telerik.Web.Mvc.UI.Html.GridDataSectionBuilder.CreateBody(GridRenderingData renderingData) +166
   Telerik.Web.Mvc.UI.Html.GridHtmlBuilder.CreateBody(GridRenderingData renderingData) +13
   Telerik.Web.Mvc.UI.Html.GridHtmlBuilder.AppendData(IHtmlNode div, GridRenderingData renderingData) +84
   Telerik.Web.Mvc.UI.Html.GridHtmlBuilder.CreateGrid(IDictionary`2 htmlAttributes, GridFunctionalData functionalData, GridRenderingData renderingData) +70
   Telerik.Web.Mvc.UI.Grid`1.WriteHtml(HtmlTextWriter writer) +618
   Telerik.Web.Mvc.UI.ViewComponentBase.ToHtmlString() +86
   Telerik.Web.Mvc.UI.ViewComponentBuilderBase`2.ToHtmlString() +22
   Telerik.Web.Mvc.{Dynamic}.GridBuilder`1[[Nop.Admin.Models.Catalog.ProductModel, Nop.Admin, Version=2.5.0.0\, Culture=neutral\, PublicKeyToken=null\]\].IHtmlString.ToHtmlString() +4
   System.Web.HttpUtility.HtmlEncode(Object value) +38
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.Write(Object value) +75
   ASP._Page_Administration_Views_Product_List_cshtml.Execute() in e:\web\eynackcom00\htdocs\EyNack\Administration\Views\Product\List.cshtml:69
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +208
   System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +89
   System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.RunPage() +19
   System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +67
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +78
   System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance) +199
   System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +107
   System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +291
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +13
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__19() +23
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +264
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() +20
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +176
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +329
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +115
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +94
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +37
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +21
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +12
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +55
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +31
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) +7
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +23
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +59
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8970061
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184
"
11 years ago
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/16117/parameter-is-not-valid.aspx
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/19154/error-in-copying-products-from-manage-products-panel.aspx

P.S. Do not duplicate forum topics
11 years ago
ok, can you direct me to the forum that address it
11 years ago
This issue was fixed today. Please see changeset cda03c1c1963
11 years ago
Does it apply to version 2.5 no source code?
11 years ago
Yes. Just update the source code according to the changeset (need some developer skills)
11 years ago
1.I open the website thru ftp  using Visual Studio 2010 express edition.
I was able to find the files referenced in the changes set

src/Presentation/Nop.Web/Administration/Views/Product/_CreateOrUpdate.cshtml
But could not find the one below
src/Libraries/Nop.Services/Media/IPictureService.cs.

What I am missing ?

2.However when I open another different project locally nopcommerce 2.50 source code I was able to find both files referenced in the change set on the solution explorer
11 years ago
Will upgrade it to nopcommerce 2.6 from 2.5 solve the problem?
11 years ago
kenzomus wrote:
Will upgrade it to nopcommerce 2.6 from 2.5 solve the problem?

No. It was implemented after 2.65 release. You should wait for 2.70 or use the latest development version (not officially released) which can be downloaded here
11 years ago
Thanks
1.The link you provide is not working
2.Does it mean that I have to live with this issue(Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.) until the latest development version?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.