The Use of NopMetaDescription IIS 7 SEOToolKit..

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I have downloaded and Installed IIS 7 SeoToolkit to run site anylsis for our test deployed website.

I am currently recieving 25 violation's

One being The Name Description Is missing. I have populate MetaDescription, SeName and MetaTitle in dbo.Product with the Product Name but do I need to add the following in each page

<meta name="description" content="@(Html.NopMetaDescription())" />
    <meta name="keywords" content="@(Html.NopMetaKeywords())" />

As it is based in the Root of the Website is it nessercary to do what I asked above or does Nop track the MetaDescription, SeName and MetaTitle for each Product Page / CSHTML Page.

Any good online resources I could use online aswell.

All help kind regarded

Richard
11 years ago
If I got you right, you don't see meta data only on the product details page. Just go to admin area > configuration > general settings > SEO settings tab and specify "Default meta keywords" and "Default meta description"
11 years ago
Hi

Okay I understand.

I just looked through I persume that

admin area > configuration > general settings > SEO settings tab and specify "Default meta keywords" and "Default meta description"

is for the website it self???

If I'm using Live replication from existing db to Nop on live deadicated webserver with around 5000 products upwards do you think it would be better for me to populate each feild in dbo.product corresponding the name with the metaname and sename as this is the main violation when using IIS SEO Toolkit.. With Product Display page..

Thank you Andrei

All help highly regarded....

Richard
11 years ago
wertyuio1 wrote:
is for the website it self???

Right.

wertyuio1 wrote:
do you think it would be better for me to populate each feild in dbo.product corresponding the name with the metaname and sename as this is the main violation when using IIS SEO Toolkit.. With Product Display page.

Yes, you can do it. But I would better do it programmatically:

1. Open \Views\Catalog\ProductTemplate.SingleVariant.cshtml and \Views\Catalog\ProductTemplate.VariantsInGrid.cshtml files
2. Replace "Html.AddMetaDescriptionParts(Model.MetaDescription);" with something like "Html.AddMetaDescriptionParts(Model.Name);"

It'll replace specified meta description with product name
11 years ago
Hi Right

Okay Thank you will Update.

I'm not using the ProductTemplate.VariantsInGrid I have a different one stored in the db but I have taken "Html.AddMetaDescriptionParts(Model.MetaDescription);" and added it will update acordinly..

Thank you.

I know you write not to ask second question but could you look at this for me please maybe give me a little bit of guidence.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/19225/overide-model-property-of-assciated-systemwebmvcviewdatadictionary-object.aspx

Just need a single button on the categorytemplate to insert qty's from IList<Product> when finshed. I will upload all code for you to use if you want to incorperate it yourself for all users..

If not ill figure it out and will upload!!!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.