Froogle feed missing: brand, shipping & tax + feed not autogenerated

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I just uploaded my first feed generated from NOP 2.65 and noticed 3 fields left blank on the feed that Google now requires.

Is this a configuration issue on my part?
I'm set up to tax by state (KY) and use UPS, USPS for shipping (all works great on the site, just not showing up in the feed)

So far, I'm just editing the XML manually to put in these values to shut Google up for now, but this should probably be addressed in the next version.

Also, the automatic feed generation is not working for me - what security settings are required?

TIA!
11 years ago
Manufacturers (in nopCommerce) re used to fill "brand" field.

Regarding tax and shipping. You're right. They are currently not used by Froogle. Furthermore, if you had thousands of products, then the Froogle  should make thousands of requests to USP and USPS each time a feed file is generated. BTW, shipping and tax fields are not required by Froogle (just opt in to not charge them in your Google Merchant Center account). Find more info here
11 years ago
ok thanks - I turned off shipping and taxes, now just have to figure out how to fill the UPC with an MPN instead of UPC code (for their uniqueness requirements)
11 years ago
Beefydog,

I was wondering if you came across anything for the fix of the error "Missing Unique Product Identifiers."  We have a unique UPC and MPN for each variant.  When we upload the xml data file we get the above error (522/558 MUPI - although only 498 show up in the error report).  I thought that maybe we had to move the unique UPC to the GTIN field in the product variant page, but that did not work.  I tried it on 3 variants and after reloading the file into the Merchant Center found that all 3 items appeared in the downloadable csv file listing them with all the other items that are supposedely missing a Unique Product Identifier.

I would be curious if you are getting this error? and if NOT how do you have your data entered on the Product Variant Template?  (Our UPS is 12 digits and our MPN is ######-##A-###)

Thanks

I sent a similar question directly to Google and this is their reply:  Unfortunately, they did not address why I had the same error whether the 12-digit UPC was in the UPC field or the GTIN field.

I have reviewed your account and checked items flagged for 'Missing Unique Product Identifiers' and see that you have not provided the Unique Product Identifiers for some of your items. We require unique product identifiers for all products - except for custom made goods. Please know that you need to submit at least two of the three attributes 'brand', 'gtin' and 'mpn'
for these items. While you have provided MPN values for your products you have not provided the value for either the Brand or the GTIN.

Please make sure you include valid unique product identifiers for all the products whenever they are available. Please do not substitute values such as "n/a" in place of unique product identifiers in your feed. If identifiers do not exist for these items, please leave the attribute blank and request for an exemption.
11 years ago
Google Merchant Service is looking for a unique identifier in the GTIN field and the MPN field (non-apparel).  A UPC in the UPC field is not read by Google for this purpose.  After uploading to Google, it will take about 12 hours before you see the result of the upload.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.