Multiple emails on new registration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Troubleshooting progress has been made, I believe.  Part of me thinks that maybe if I had bought the manual things might have went easier.  I have bought the manuals in the past with new versions, but I guess my confidence overruled as I passed on that purchase this time.  That might have been a mistake.

After doing some more searching I found this which led to this post.  Now things were starting to make sense.  NopCommerce is setup to work as one store with other stores pointing to it and nopCommerce sorts out all the details of what to show in the address bar.  That is an oversimplification maybe, but pretty much what is happening.  

One of the requirements to run version 3.2 is Windows Server 2012.  That makes sense when you understand that 2012 has a feature called Server Name Indication which means that you can use one IP address for many websites and you can also use a distinct SSL certificate on each of those sites.  A reference for Setting up SSL certificates for many sites using one IP address can be found here.  

So, following Andrei's post referenced above will keep your multi-store sites from sending out multiple emails.  I believe this is because if you set your stores up in their own virtual directories, with their own app pool or with a common app pool, multiple threads will be created and then it is just timing which will allow more than one thread to pick up queued email.

Now, if you want to use different IP addresses on your individual stores, I believe you can.  Why would you want to do that?  One reason might be that you want your sites to appear as distinct sites to search engines.  Does it affect your search engine rankings if you have multiple stores running on the same IP address?  I don't think so.  Here is one link that supports this belief.

Another reason might be because if you don't use different IP addresses for each site then you will have to use Server Name Indication when you set up your secure site binding.  SNI isn't supported on Windows XP and using IE.  If you don't have any customers with this configuration then it won't matter. Here is a reference link

So, if you still want to use a distinct IP address all you would need to do is setup a binding for this other IP address/url pairing on your "default" nopCommerce web site.  Here is a link explaining bindings.  I expect to use this method for now just to get things running properly and eventually move all my sites to a single IP address.
10 years ago
Use Cloudflare it's a lot simpler.
10 years ago
Ron,

I took a look at Cloudflare.  I don't see how this would make things easier.  Can you explain further how Cloudflare would eliminate the need to go through these steps?

Thanks
8 years ago
i'm still fighting with this problem as well running 3.40. is there no difinitive solution, i mean there must be a lot of people having this exact problem. some emails are sent even 5 times. what is the underlying problem? it seems clear that we are facing a threading issue with non-thread safe fields or some kind of shared memory? please someone help me on this... my customers are really angry for me because of this and i can't really switch to another shop system in a sane time frame.
7 years ago
Does anyone have a solution to this? Our multi-store sites (three) send out multi-emails as well. We are using Nop version 3.8 on Azure.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.