Saving products is very slow (v2.3)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Everything is working well.  But when creating a new product (or category) or saving changes to a product (or category) the process is very slow.  It takes up to a minute or more to finish saving... and the entire site is frozen during that time.

Other tasks like saving changes to customer info, admin settings, or uploading photos is very fast.  Only saving new/edited products (or categories) is very slow.

Does anyone have any ideas or is this normal?  

By the way it's the same in Chrome, Firefox, or IE.  I am running Windows 7 and I have a fast connection.  However, my site is on a shared (not dedicated) server.  Could a shared server cause my site to be slow to update but fast with everything else?

Thank you!
-Brooks
11 years ago
Am having the exact same problem - with latest 2.65. Mine is running on dedicated server too, so the bottleneck is not your shared server it seems. Task Manager doesn't show any high CPU process so am not sure why it grinds away for a minute every now and then - but you are right, it freezes the site on other browsers.

I remember similar in a basic MVC test project so may not be nopCommerce itself, but we do need to work out what it is as it ruins an otherwise great system. Working on other stuff so will try to come back to this, any pointers extremely welcome meanwhile (and will try anything)!
11 years ago
Immediate observation which may help - it usually happens when adding products to a category using the multiple tickbox selection. A good way to trace the problem would be to run it in debug and see if it holds up anywhere, will try that when poss (am currently using a published site).

Meanwhile, I do note that although the rest of the site stops together with the grind, it's actually only when on another tab in the same browser - a new window is fine, even on the same local server. So other users are likely unaffected, which is good. This indicates the problem is more likely with client side, ie javascript etc (bit more awkward to debug but not impossible with fiddler etc). HTH for now, Phil.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.