image files

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
where is the images i once stored in my database taking up space.

I just got an not enough space error, and i have done absolutely nothing in the past few days.

I altered the image storage from database to filesystem.

My site aint that big, and plain text should not take up 270 mb of space in a DB.

So where does NOP place imagefiles in a DB. And how do i empty out those old files. :-)
11 years ago
Pictures are stored into [Picture] table ([PictureBinary] column). Here is what I can suggest:
1. Connect to your database and execute the following command
DBCC SHRINKDATABASE('your_database_name_here')

or

2. Start storing your pictures on the file system (admin area > configuration > media settings)
11 years ago
it was the log files that occupied so much space.

I have altered the location of files a long time ago, i just thought there still was some leftover in the DB.

how can i clear all logfiles. i can see there is over 30k pages. :-O

I have tried to delete all by pressing delete log. it just stand still.

I have a good connection and a good fast comp. so that is not the reason.

I have found my DB in sql server management, but im not sure how to del all logs from within that.

I can delete 200 at a time, but that will take a bit longer than forever ;-)
11 years ago
Use the following command
TRUNCATE TABLE [Log] 
11 years ago
That did the job. thx.

It would be an idea to be abble to warn when there is a predifened number of logs written, so one could take action before they fill so much.

Maybe even make it possible to deside what should be logged. and how many times. it is not more then 30 min ago i did the truncate and there is allready 39 pages with new logs.

Resource string (nicetoknow.knifes) is not found. Language ID = 8 is shown many times. i know that its because that specific resource string has no english translation. I dont need to get that many times to know that i am missing it :-)
11 years ago
It's always a good idea to go through the logs and fix all the issues.

Nop will run faster if for no other reason that it's not populating the log file every page load.

While it may seem like a good idea to ignore these errors and have some control over what gets logged. Reality indicates that unless the size of the log files is causing the developer/store owner immediate issues they just ignore these issues.

This 'error blindness' may even extend to clearing the log files and then being surprised when another 39 pages are generated because they didn't fix the issues first ;)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.