Urgent!! Blog error and Complete Nop 2.65 Failure!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
OK Recently built a site for a garage:
http://www.groveautobody.co.uk

I check on it from time to time.

I just clicked on the Blog and received this error code

Before I post it I've been updating my home site throughout the day and have encountered a sudden Server Error 500 code.
Cannot be a coincidence.

I'm looking forward to buying the license for NopCommerce as it is an excellent piece of software.

Both are running Nop2.65 and have been working perfectly until now.

The following sections have been defined but have not been rendered for the layout page "~/Views/Shared/_ColumnsTwo.cshtml": "left".

I'm guessing my hosting is at fault.
11 years ago
I am wondering what to do next,

NopCommerce is truly excellent, but upon checking a site powered by nopCommerce I found an inexpilcable error?

I want to stick with it, however i think building something in Dreamweaver would be far simpler and more reliable.

Why should nopCommerce websites encounter random errors?

Should I revert to an earlier more stable version, what do you recommend?
11 years ago
Can you post the contents of the modified layout file: Views\Shared\_ColumnsTwo.cshtml?

The error indicates that the layout is missing the following line:
  @RenderSection("left")

11 years ago
@{
    Layout = "~/Views/Shared/_Root.cshtml";
}
@{
    //current category ID
    int currentCategoryId = 0;
    if (Url.RequestContext.RouteData.Values["controller"].ToString().Equals("catalog", StringComparison.InvariantCultureIgnoreCase) &&
        Url.RequestContext.RouteData.Values["action"].ToString().Equals("category", StringComparison.InvariantCultureIgnoreCase))
    {
        currentCategoryId = Convert.ToInt32(Url.RequestContext.RouteData.Values["categoryId"].ToString());
    }

//current manufacturer ID
    int currentManufacturerId = 0;
    if (Url.RequestContext.RouteData.Values["controller"].ToString().Equals("catalog", StringComparison.InvariantCultureIgnoreCase) &&
        Url.RequestContext.RouteData.Values["action"].ToString().Equals("manufacturer", StringComparison.InvariantCultureIgnoreCase))
    {
        currentManufacturerId = Convert.ToInt32(Url.RequestContext.RouteData.Values["manufacturerId"].ToString());
    }

//current product ID
    int currentProductId = 0;
        Url.RequestContext.RouteData.Values["action"].ToString().Equals("product", StringComparison.InvariantCultureIgnoreCase))
    {
        currentProductId = Convert.ToInt32(Url.RequestContext.RouteData.Values["productId"].ToString());
    }
}
<div class="master-wrapper-side-2">
    @if (IsSectionDefined("right"))
    {
        @RenderSection("left")
    }
    else
    {
        @Html.Widget("left_side_column_before")
        <div class="clear">
        </div>  
        //@Html.Action("CategoryNavigation", "Catalog", new { currentCategoryId = currentCategoryId, currentProductId = currentProductId })
        <div class="clear">
        </div>
       // @Html.Action("ManufacturerNavigation", "Catalog", new { currentManufacturerId = currentManufacturerId })        
        <div class="clear">
        </div>
        @Html.Action("NewsletterBox", "Newsletter")
        <div class="clear">
        </div>
        @Html.Widget("left_side_column_after")
    }
</div>
<div class="master-wrapper-center-2">
    @Html.Widget("main_column_before")
    @RenderBody()
    @Html.Widget("main_column_after")
</div>
11 years ago
In your posting, line 32:

@if (IsSectionDefined("right"))

should be:

@if (IsSectionDefined("left"))
11 years ago
Cheers,
don't know that line got changed, must have opened the wrong site after many hours customizing!

Now to figure the server error, think I'll re-install and start again as it's still at an experimental stage.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.