Upload Image Admin option unavailable.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I'm having an issue with uploading images. To my live test site.

I have the setting set to file system if I access my administration area from any workstation the upload option is availble but if I remote in to my webserver via MSTSC the option is not available. I'm retesting how through admin the images are placed in the database and what updates in tables are made.

I have stored all my images on my web server . Where I have SQL script to insert direct into the table also mapping the product to picture's. So I can insert multiple images in one shot.

INSERT INTO [DB].[dbo].[Picture]
           ([PictureBinary]
           ,[MimeType]
           ,[SeoFilename]
           ,[IsNew])

VALUES
(CONVERT(VARBINARY(Max),'DirectoryPATH')
,'image/jpeg'
, NULL
,'TRUE')

GO

INSERT INTO [DB].[dbo].[Product_Picture_Mapping]
     ([ProductId]
     ,[PictureId]
     ,[DisplayOrder])

VALUES
  ('5679',
    '2',    
    '0' )
GO

This works on my local development machine in Visual Studio enviroment and Test IIS enviroment. But not on the server itself.

My question is where is the option to upload an image in the Admin area if I remote access in..

Richard
11 years ago
wertyuio1 wrote:

My question is where is the option to upload an image in the Admin area if I remote access in..

Richard

Hi Richard,

My guess would be there is an issue with the browser you are using on the server - this may have been 'locked down' somewhat as compared to the browsers on your local machine.

Additionally do you realise that when using remote access you can only access the file system on the server from the upload dialog?

Just struck me as strange to be uploading files from the server to the server?

HTH
11 years ago
Hi Dave,

Hope you are well thank you for the response.

when using remote access you can only access the file system on the server from the upload dialog?

Could you explain the above in bold a bit further if you have the time??

Thank you

Kind Regards

Richard.
11 years ago
When you remote in you are effectively sat in front of the server using the server.

Therefore if you were to open a file upload dialog box you would only be able to browse the file system on the server.

You are not able to browse the file system on the computer you are physically sat at.

Hope that is clear.

Try this;-

when remoted in to the server - open a browser on the server.

goto google and go to images (image search)

Click the camera icon far left of the input box - should open a 'Search by image' dialog box

select upload image option and click the choose file button.

This should open a file upload dialog and you will see that you can only access the file system on the server.

HTH
11 years ago
Yes

Thank you.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.