Shipping costs per language

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Is there anybody who has ever had the need to (pre)calculate the shipping costs based on the language selected? I want german visitors to see or preview other (fixed) shipping costs in their shoppingcart as dutch visitors.

Once in the checkout process, if a customer enters a different shipping address from it's selected language, the shipping costs will be adjusted.

I assume I have to write my own shipping plugin, but wondered if this flow sound illogical?
11 years ago
DennisNL wrote:
Is there anybody who has ever had the need to (pre)calculate the shipping costs based on the language selected? I want german visitors to see or preview other (fixed) shipping costs in their shoppingcart as dutch visitors.

Once in the checkout process, if a customer enters a different shipping address from it's selected language, the shipping costs will be adjusted.

I assume I have to write my own shipping plugin, but wondered if this flow sound illogical?

I cannot find much sense in estimating shipping per language. Does that mean that a chinese living in NL would get a different estimate than a dutch living in NL or a dutch living in China? What about multilanguage countries such as Switzerland or Ukrania or language spoken in very distant countries such as English?
11 years ago
Yes, that does seem odd. Maybe you can provide some examples.  In general, there really are no relations between a language,  a currency, and a country.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.