Customer can login but can only access account section

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi, I'm running nopCommerce 2.60 with GoDaddy and it's been running pretty well, although fairly slow.

We have the site secured so that only customers with active accounts can view the items.  The issue with this current customer, is that she can login, and sees at the top of the screen that she is logged in, but anything she clicks on just takes her back to the login page.  It happens in multiple browsers and multiple machines from her address.  I remoted in and tried my admin account, and the same thing happened to me.  Clearing cookies had no effect.  From the admin, I can see her logged in and active from her IP.

When I try to login as her from my computer (different location and IP) I am  able to login and see everything as expected.  It seems like it has to be something with her router or her IP.  She says it worked one time when she initially setup the account.  I keep thinking of permissions and reasons that it might not work, and then I remember, that it does work when I login from my machine, so that means there are no issues with her account.

I spent about an hour futzing around with her computer trying to figure it out and I got absolutely no where.  I've asked her to try from a different location, like a friends house or a coffee shop, thinking that might help narrow it down to the router / IP.

Can anyone give me any hints?  Are there any settings I could be missing related to IP?

We do seem to be have a fair number of weird login issues.  I don't know if our customers are loopy or what.  But it seems that frequently they register and can't get their account info to work again... and then they create another account, but they want to use the address from the previous registration etc.. etc...
11 years ago
Humm…I agree, this can be really frustrating!

When you say she should try it out from a different location like a friend’s house or a coffee shop, what was the outcome of this? Do you have any? Did it work properly? Or are you still waiting on a reply from her?
Meanwhile, could it be that she’s behind a proxy server and the proxy actually caches the page (regardless of the browser caching)?

Considering you have access to her computer via remote desktop, I would try additional scenarios to pinpoint the problem. I’m not sure if you’ve already done this but…

-I would first disable her account then from her computer, try and login. Note the result.
-Create a completely new account called “gazou” or whatever. From her computer login with that newly created account. Note the results.
-Delete or disable that “gazou” account. From her computer, try to use that “gazou” account knowing it is disabled. Note the results.

In addition, do similar steps from within your computer and compare the results.

Although this may or may not help solve the problem, it will narrow what can be the cause. For example, is it related to Nop or is this some kind of network issue/cache.

Keep us posted on the outcome of this it might be useful to others.

Hope this helps!
Sincerely
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.