How to improve the performance of my website

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi,

How to improve the performance of my website,
url is http://www.superbcart.com,
I have used nopcommerce 2.60 to build this project..
It takes more time to load home page, products landing page and product details page.
I have added total of 2000 products in the website and in home page i have banners. Is this a reason for slow loading of pages?

Please help.. How can i solve this issue??
11 years ago
Nice work :-) Your website looks great! Congrats!

As for your question, it is a bit difficult to give/find the correct answer as it can be many things…

It’s like going to the doctors and saying my stomach hurts, only to find out later (after many test) that the entire pain really comes from somewhere in your toes…

Because it can’t be many things (SQL Server performance, Indexes, Bandwidth, Network related issue, not enough memory, not enough caching, etc…) the first thing I would verify is the time it takes for a query to run and return results.

For example: Fire up SQL Profiler, launch a new trace and from your website click the “Products” tab. Once you’ve capture the SQL Query that runs, stop the trace.

Get that SQL Query and execute it directly in SQL Management Studio. Look at the results! Does it return too many records? Does it return in a normal/reasonable fashion or does it take forever?

If it takes forever, is it because something else (like a SQL job) is running and slowing down the SQL Server? Or is it because you need to add more/appropriate indexes etc…

If everything seems ok, then the culprit might not be your SQL Server…this means, you might need to look somewhere else…perhaps find benchmark tools that can profile your IIS/Website and see.

Is your website being hosted on a single server or is it being shared amongst 200 other websites? This can also impact performance if one of the website is extremely popular and eats all the bandwidth/memory.

As you see, it can be many things causing the performance issues and troubleshooting to find the culprit is a must.
If and when you do find the problem, feel free to share as it might help other with similar problems.

Hope this helps!
Sincerely
11 years ago
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/18861/slow-in-performance-when-loading-for-the-first-time-in-nopcommerce-260.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.