Facebook like button IFrame not working

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I was looking for a straight-forward way of adding a Facebook like button to my NopCommerce 2.65 site.

The simplest method seems to be to paste the IFrame code from developers.facebook. I've added it to the html code on the HomePageText topic but it's not working. When I preview it it appears as a 2 or 3 line blank space.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
11 years ago
I'm answering my own question just in case anyone is as knuckle headed as me.

It really is as simple as copying the IFrame code from facebook developers (http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like/) and pasting it into a topic, such as your HomePageText. When you edit your home page text, click on the 'HTML' button to edit the underlying HTML and paste the code that you've generated from the facebook developers page.

Here's where I went wrong. I have 2 sites. One is registered on facebook, the other isn't. I was putting in a URL that was not registered with facebook. Therefore, the button did not appear at all. When I realised I was stupid and tried it with the other URL i.e. the one that does have a reference in Facebook, it worked fine.

Sorry for the initial question, but then again if you are reading this, maybe you've done a similar thing. Good luck.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.