NopCommerce Product Tags

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi I am wondering what the Product tag is used for? I found it when I was updating a product, is it to help search functions on the website?

Thanks
James
11 years ago
[quote=jimmy0121]Hi I am wondering what the Product tag is used for? I found it when I was updating a product, is it to help search functions on the website?

Yes it is for internal search functions. They create the Tag Cloud as shown in demo store

POPULAR TAGS
apparel   awesome   book   camera   compact   computer   cool   digital   game   gift   jeans   jewelry   nice   shirt   shoes  
11 years ago
eadameg wrote:
Hi I am wondering what the Product tag is used for? I found it when I was updating a product, is it to help search functions on the website?

Yes it is for internal search functions. They create the Tag Cloud as shown in demo store

POPULAR TAGS
apparel   awesome   book   camera   compact   computer   cool   digital   game   gift   jeans   jewelry   nice   shirt   shoes  

Thanks for this Eduardo, much appreciated, would you know the answer to this? I'm currently using version 1.90 NopCommerce and I need to be able to manually put ALT tags in certain product images, would I have to upgrade the NopCommerce version to do this?

Thanks James
11 years ago
jimmy0121 wrote:

Thanks for this Eduardo, much appreciated, would you know the answer to this? I'm currently using version 1.90 NopCommerce and I need to be able to manually put ALT tags in certain product images, would I have to upgrade the NopCommerce version to do this?

Thanks James

Sorry James, but I dont have much coding experience. My developers say that the ALT tag is automatically assigned using the product name.
11 years ago
hey james - didja figure this out? i saw eadameg's post about the coders saying it's auto'magically' generated -

Sorry James, but I dont have much coding experience. My developers say that the ALT tag is automatically assigned using the product name. 

does anyone know where this code is located in 2.2? i wanna modify it bc in all aspects of the image being called mine says, "show details <?name?>" i wanna lose the show details copy.

look forward to hearing back from ....... anyone. :-)

make it a great day ppl!
11 years ago
The text is a language resource

ResourceName  
Media.Product.ImageLinkTitleFormat  

ResourceValue
Show details for {0}
11 years ago
so, what happens if ya change it from zero to one? i just want to remove the "show details" copy - anyone know where i can find said media reference in the code?
11 years ago
The "{0}" is a place holder for the product name.
I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do.   If you just want to show the product name, then make the ResourceValue just  "{0}"   (without the quotes :)
11 years ago
New York wrote:
The "{0}" is a place holder for the product name.
I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do.   If you just want to show the product name, then make the ResourceValue just  "{0}"   (without the quotes :)

what i'm tryin' to do is remove the phrase "show details" on the alt tag on all the product images in our nopCom site.

does anyone know if when one upgrades to newer versions if the alt tag is available in the db? given that the current (2.2 verison) isn't really searchable via google. you know, for seo purposes.

so, in the meantime, i'd like to get rid of the show details phrase within the alt tag. did i make more sense?
7 years ago
Hope in next nopcommerce make blog tag associate product tag.
Every time view 1 product, the blog post also appeared with the tag associated with product above.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.