installation problem : webhost4life

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
i was running through the nopcommerce installation process on an unedited version of nopcommerce as a dry run for deploying my own edited one.

connection strings were modified and all seemed well until i clicked 'go to site'. it threw up the following ...

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A generic error occurred in GDI+.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.]
   System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) +377630
   System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageFormat format) +69
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.Media.PictureManager.GetPictureUrl(Picture picture, Int32 TargetSize, Boolean showDefaultPicture) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\Libraries\Nop.Common\Media\PictureManager.cs:283
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.Media.PictureManager.GetPictureUrl(Int32 imageId, Int32 TargetSize, Boolean showDefaultPicture) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\Libraries\Nop.Common\Media\PictureManager.cs:133
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageCategories.dlCategories_ItemDataBound(Object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\NopCommerceStore\Modules\HomePageCategories.ascx.cs:67
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.OnItemDataBound(DataListItemEventArgs e) +8672022
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) +137
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +459
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +54
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.DataBind() +55
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageCategories.BindData() in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\NopCommerceStore\Modules\HomePageCategories.ascx.cs:52
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageCategories.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\NopCommerceStore\Modules\HomePageCategories.ascx.cs:42
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

so then i thought maybe if i upload the version i have been working on it might work - so, i did. used the same web.config file from the first instance of the install because it already had the <connectionstring> set up. I even tried running it on my local machine with this connection string and it loaded the items from the database on remote hosting without a problem (though very slowly - i hope this changes once the site is running on hosts sevrvers).

i set the subfolder as a 3.5 application, set all folders with full permissions but it returned the same error

NOPcommerce v 1.30
on
webhost4life.com

any ideas ?
thanks a million.
answers on a postcard to ...
14 years ago
You need to make sure you have write permission on a bunch of folder.

Just add the write permission on all the folders to make that the problem is a security one
14 years ago
SUCCESS -    thanks  sobriquet

i guessed from the stack trace that it seemed to be a write problem (did i stress guess?) but i was sure the permissions were already set to write - i read your post and went back to look over the webhost4life hosting control panel (i've been loooking at it a lot since signed up)

the process of giving file permissions on this control panel is not straight forward (if only I could get IIS7 manager to work on this host)

anyway .. i went to file permissions and set

user : EVERYONE  
and
FULL PERMISSIONS

And tested it - and it works - V. happy :)

now I must go back and cancel full permission for everyone and try to find out exactly what settings are required
14 years ago
Glad I could help

Joe
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.