Trying to upgrade from nopCommerce 2.50 to nopCommerce 2.60 because of slow performance in nopCommerce 2.50

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hello,

I have developed the website using nopCommerce 2.50, its taking long time to load the pages, sometimes its not loading the page completely or it shows problem loading page.

Now i am trying to upgrade to nopCommerce 2.60. I have downloaded the nopCommerce 2.60 source code and started working on nop 2.60.

But the problem is i have created many functions in controllers, services. Also i have added many custom controls, also changed the table structures(like product, productvariant tables) and added new themes.

Please help me how to upgrade from nopcommerce 2.50 to nopcommerce 2.60 with the functions, controls, themes which i have added newly???
11 years ago
You should really perform some tests first as to the relative speeds of the 3 versions of Nop with your full product DB loaded.

1. Nop 2.5 out of the box.
2. Nop 2.5 your modified version.
3. Nop 2.6 out of the box.

Upgrading to 2.6 may not improve your sites performance at all.

It could well be that;-

a) the modifications you have made have slowed 2.5 down
b) your server is not up to the job

HTH
11 years ago
One way to do your upgrade would be to download a comparison tool and then look between the two solutions and see what is different.

You should do some testing as daveb mentioned between 2.5 out of the box, your modified 2.5, and 2.6 out of the box.

The biggest issue performance wise would be the number of products you have.  Anything over 5000 products usually leads to some issues from what I've heard and seen in my own project.  Nop has strived for some performance fixes but there is much to still be gained I think.  Most of it is taking some things away from Entity and handing it to SPs instead, but that is a broad topic and there is no need to go into it.

I don't quite agree with daveb's assessment on the issue could be your modifications or your server.  It is easy to blame someone else's equipment or modifications made to the product vs. the actual product that has a track record of some bad performance under load with people, despite good equipment or minor modifications.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.