Site WILL NOT Work, upgrade 2.6 to 2.65

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi

Any ideas how I can fix the major issue I am having.

I have had major problems with my site and was told that I had to upgrade to version 2.65.  I have never done an upgrade before and having to do it via the no source way.

I ran script over my database using MSSQL 08 and it ran successfully.

I deleted all files from my web hosting and copied over the entire contents of no source folder, I then followed instructions and copied back the plugin and settings.txt back into app_data folder.

NOW Nothing works, I get error below

We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete.

Our supporting staff has been notified with this error and will address this issue shortly. We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause. You might want to try the same action at later time.

I have copied back over my images, themes and all files I have amended from previous version but I cannot login at all.

I tried a second approach and created subdomain, used Microsoft Gallery to install and setup new DB, this way works perfect but it blank, I have a theme I modified, over 1000 items and 3500 images and if you thinnk I am doing this all again, then nopcommerce can go to trash

Anyone able to help :(
11 years ago
Hi

Can the site run with standard theme, just to check if you missed something in upgrading your theme?

Can you connect to DB via MSSQl manager and see the error logged?
11 years ago
Hi

I have just removed site completely from my webspace and reinstated it all with previous version before my host upgraded to 4.5. At this point I get the stabilization error with regards to textbox etc that everyone else seemed to get.

My site at this point was set to a custom theme, my images stored on local space not DB within Content Directory.

I have the script to run against the DB to upgrade it back to 2.65 plus the no source unzipped archive.

Any chance someone can run through exactly what steps I should follow.

This is what I do

Open up DB in MSSQL 08 and execute script across Database, numerous rows are affected and script completes.

Open up FTP program and login to webspace, locate correct directory and remove all files (setting/plugins copied), no files left in webspace now.  

Copy over all conteets form no source 2.65 folder.

Once finished, copy back across both text files, and all relevant files form image folders, plus plugins directory and Theme Directory.

Go to access site and receive error above
11 years ago
I cant access my site because of NET 4.5 issues to change theme to default.   I changed the values with settings table direct in SQL DB but to no avail.
11 years ago
Basically how do I get version 2.65 up and running on my server but using all my products and images, descriptions and settings etc from my exisitng Database. Theme wise I dont care about too much about my exisitng one as want to source a new one anyhow. Will use classic for time being, even though not included in that release.
11 years ago
Connect to your DB and get alle info in log table, execute this script using MSSQL Management studio: SELECT * FROM log

Read the last errros and see if you can get a hint what´s wrong.

Via FTP move your modified theme to another folder leaving only the DarkOrange theme left(the 2.65 version!!), if theme not found it will load the Dark Orange.

It´s important to use a 2.65 theme as a lot of changes have been applied.
11 years ago
Tried everything and now I get this error

Server Error in '/' Application.
Invalid object name 'dbo.GenericAttribute'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'dbo.GenericAttribute'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

I have copied over all files form 2.65 Folder, changed default theme to DarkOrange manually in SQL DB and have not copied over anythng but images back onto webserver.

I ran the upgrade script using my hosts myLittleAdmin program for my SQL Server Database, presumed it completed successfully as no problems shown on screen.

My webhost is WebWiz
11 years ago
stefone wrote:
Invalid object name 'dbo.GenericAttribute'

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/17882/invalid-object-name-dbogenericattribute-when-upgrading-to-26.aspx

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/16973/is-anybody-having-this-error-.aspx
11 years ago
Hi

Having looked through a couple of previous threads.  I have just ran upgrade script on my Database and the table does still not exist.

I have ran it over my webserver and also as a local copy on machine, both state update successfully but still nothing.

Is there a way to check the contents within the database to see if it has been updated successfully to 2.65, i.e table contets contains a row showing current version etc.

I dont have an issue with doing fresh install that works perfect but my concern is all my data within my Database and that 100 hours of inputting and configuring will be lost.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.