Binding product attributes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I installed nopCommerce 1.90 in my local server. It is running successfully.

I found that, if I click on a product it will redirect to a new page, which shows the particular product details.

As per my site requirements, I want to bind all products name in a dropdown list and in selectedindexchanged method I want to bind different "Product Variant Attributes" like "Size", Color etc. in the same page.

I'm working on the older version of nopCommerce because the last time I worked on this site I had used 1.90 and wanted to retain same version.

Does nopCommerce support the use of any 3rd party controls within it? Like if I want to use Telerik or ComponentArt controls for example. If so, how can I manage to do this?

Any ideas/comments are very much welcome and my sincere thanks to anyone who can help me with this.
11 years ago
sommatrix wrote:
I installed nopCommerce 1.90 in my local server. It is running successfully.

I found that, if I click on a product it will redirect to a new page, which shows the particular product details.

As per my site requirements, I want to bind all products name in a dropdown list and in selectedindexchanged method I want to bind different "Product Variant Attributes" like "Size", Color etc. in the same page.

I'm working on the older version of nopCommerce because the last time I worked on this site I had used 1.90 and wanted to retain same version.

Does nopCommerce support the use of any 3rd party controls within it? Like if I want to use Telerik or ComponentArt controls for example. If so, how can I manage to do this?

Any ideas/comments are very much welcome and my sincere thanks to anyone who can help me with this.

nopCommerce runs on top of ASP.Net, so whatever works on ASP.Net should work on nopCommerce. So in short, yes, you can add whatever you want to add to nopCommerce, just like how you would do with a normal ASP.Net page. If you already know how to use those components in ASP.Net, I think you shouldn't have much problem doing that on nopCommerce. :)

Bear in mind, though, that whatever changes you made in the source code is going to break forward compatibility. So, if you can do it in a plugin, I would recommend you to do so. :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.