Input string was not in a correct format Error In Nop 2.40?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Input string was not in a correct format.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]
   System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) +9594283
   System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) +119
   System.ComponentModel.Int32Converter.FromString(String value, NumberFormatInfo formatInfo) +53
   System.ComponentModel.BaseNumberConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value) +302

[Exception: As is not a valid value for Int32.]
   System.ComponentModel.BaseNumberConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value) +489
   System.Web.Mvc.ValueProviderResult.ConvertSimpleType(CultureInfo culture, Object value, Type destinationType) +249

[InvalidOperationException: The parameter conversion from type 'System.String' to type 'System.Int32' failed. See the inner exception for more information.]
   System.Web.Mvc.ValueProviderResult.ConvertSimpleType(CultureInfo culture, Object value, Type destinationType) +386
   System.Web.Mvc.ValueProviderResult.UnwrapPossibleArrayType(CultureInfo culture, Object value, Type destinationType) +259
   System.Web.Mvc.ValueProviderResult.ConvertTo(Type type, CultureInfo culture) +83
   Telerik.Web.Mvc.Extensions.GridControllerExtensions.ValueOf(ControllerBase controller, String key) +76
   Telerik.Web.Mvc.GridActionAttribute.OnActionExecuting(ActionExecutingContext filterContext) +343
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +47
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14() +19
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +263
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14() +19
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +191
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +343
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +116
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +97
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +37
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +21
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +12
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +62
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +50
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) +7
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +22
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +60
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8862381
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184
11 years ago
You are trying to convert a non-integer value into an Integer. :)
11 years ago
I have String Column in my Database Table and i checked my entire coding also

like this

I have used a Telerik Asp.net Mvc based Combobox(Size)  to  Saving User Entered Data

In That if user enter integer like 12 or .... it  saving the data to database table perfectly

but user enter A12 or abc its make a Error  "input string was not in a Correct Format"
11 years ago
Anybody have solution for this
11 years ago
Snowp wrote:
I have String Column in my Database Table and i checked my entire coding also

like this

I have used a Telerik Asp.net Mvc based Combobox(Size)  to  Saving User Entered Data

In That if user enter integer like 12 or .... it  saving the data to database table perfectly

but user enter A12 or abc its make a Error  "input string was not in a Correct Format"

You put your parameter as Integer, but your database (of the same field) is string.

And you try to convert 'A12' into an integer, which of course will throw error. Just change your parameter to String, since the corresponding field in Database is a String also. :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.