Keyword Search - Nop 1.90

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi,

My client displays product names on their website as follows <manufacturer> + <product name> + <sku> and they have said they would like the website to be able to perform searches on this such as <manufacturer> + <product name> OR <product name> + <sku>

I am trying to alter the SP_LoadPaged stored procedure to try and take these types of searches into account but can't work out a way that covers this.

What I really want is to be able to perform a keyword search on the manufacturer name, product name and product sku concatenated together but can't find a good solution that will work.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how this could work, what I really want is something like this, but not sure in SQL how to accomplish it.

CONTAINS(pm.name,p.name,p.sku,@Keywords)

Cheers,

Graham
11 years ago
gcarr wrote:
Hi,

My client displays product names on their website as follows <manufacturer> + <product name> + <sku> and they have said they would like the website to be able to perform searches on this such as <manufacturer> + <product name> OR <product name> + <sku>

I am trying to alter the SP_LoadPaged stored procedure to try and take these types of searches into account but can't work out a way that covers this.

What I really want is to be able to perform a keyword search on the manufacturer name, product name and product sku concatenated together but can't find a good solution that will work.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how this could work, what I really want is something like this, but not sure in SQL how to accomplish it.

CONTAINS(pm.name,p.name,p.sku,@Keywords)

Cheers,

Graham

Maybe the way it was implemented in v2.6 can be of help
11 years ago
For various reasons that I can't go into on here, we are unable to use the Full Text Search capability within SQL 2005. Therefore does anyone have any other ideas as to how this can be implemented? It sounds such an easy thing to do, but is turning out to be quite a nightmare to implement.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.