2 websites with same content

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
So I know nopCommerce is not yet ready to support two sites with one database, but last night I thought of something.

What if I backed up the database then restored it under another domain name.  Would this work?

When it saves internal links does it include domain name ?

And if it does what about using a FIND & REPLACE with the domain name then upload the changes to the new server...

site is,
http://www.NewJamSkates.com
14 years ago
Well I just coppied the Database over and BAM  it worked...

www.NewJamSkates.com   &   www.NewDerbySkates.com

need some minor tweaking
14 years ago
Oops, Just found my first issue...

When you goto pay for the item with PAYPAL, it tells you the item has ALREADY BEEN PAID FOR!

What happening is site #1 and site #2  invoice the sales the same, so Paypal see's payment for ORDER12 but ORDER12 has already been paid for by the other site, so it rejects payment.

What I need to do is change in ordering system.  Either add a static letter or bump the invoice numbers up to 10,000 on one of the sites..

HMMM...
14 years ago
Can't you use a second PayPal account?
I'm not familiar with PayPal, but with all PSP's that I have worked with, you can add/request a second account.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.