prioritize some products on search (SOLVED)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hello! It´s my first time using NopCommerce, and i like it a lot! Thank you so much for providing such a powerful tool.

I need a way to give priority to some products of certain brands when using the search box.
for example i search for some shoes, so i need puma shoes, then nike shoes on top.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you!
11 years ago
Arturo_X wrote:
Hello! It´s my first time using NopCommerce, and i like it a lot! Thank you so much for providing such a powerful tool.

I need a way to give priority to some products of certain brands when using the search box.
for example i search for some shoes, so i need puma shoes, then nike shoes on top.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you!

I think this option is not available out of the box. Search lists are displayed in alphabetical order. A hack that might work would be to ad a space at the beginning of the name to products you want to have on top
11 years ago
Hi Eduardo!

Thank you so much for the answer.

sorry for asking, but In that case, can it be done internally? which file does manage the search system?

thanks in advance
11 years ago
Arturo_X wrote:
Hi Eduardo!

Thank you so much for the answer.

sorry for asking, but In that case, can it be done internally? which file does manage the search system?

thanks in advance

Hi Arturo:
A hack that might work would be to ad a space at the beginning of the name to products you want to have on top. Sorry but I don't have much coding experience.
11 years ago
Excellent idea!

That worked perfect!
thank you very much! you have no idea how much has helped me!

thanks again!!!!!!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.