Suggestion : if selected, make 'text option' optional, not required

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I want to offer a gift wrapping service and the option of a gift tag - for the gift tag, the customer will enter their desired message as a TEXT OPTION

all this is easy to do yes i know, i did it already

the problem is this - if a person does not want a gift tag, the TEXT OPTION box would be left empty - but the cart will not allow this because it is a required option.

my suggestion :

in the 'add new attribute' section, where we can choose from dropdown list, radio buttons and checkboxes i suggest you can also offer the option of a text box (maybe even specify a size for the box) and allow admin to choose whether the text option is required or not - this would also give us some control over what order the text input box appeared, allow us to offer more than one text option and allow the text option to be given a name (like the other attributes do - very useful when you get the order)

OR, more simply  :(

alter the existing part of Product Variant Info to read:

offer text option               y/n
text option is required      y/n
14 years ago
Thanks for suggestion! This feature will be available in the next release. A store owner will be allowed to created as many textbox (required or not) as he needs.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.