dynamic text being prefixed!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I recently ugraded fron 1.5 all the way to 2.5 without any real problems but after going to 2.6 then 2.65 all of the dynamicaly place text on the site is prefixed i.e

Top menu has:

'account.register' instead of just register.

lots of other text is appearing similarly even on buttons

The breadcrumbs appear like this- categories.breadcrumb.top /

Even the administration area is the same.

Is it the database thats causing the problem?

Anyone know how to solve this or even seen this before?

thanks in advance

Stu
11 years ago
This is a link to the store in development, notice the links at the top and the:

newsletter.title, products.recentlyviewedproducts, etc

http://www.inform2.com/testshop26

Do you think I need to revert to the previous database version or is there a fix for this?

thanks in advance.
11 years ago
sounds like your installed language pack does not have translations for those string resources or they are missing from the db.
11 years ago
That sounds promising! can you suggest how I check?

thanks
11 years ago
in Admin, on the "Configuration" menu, select "languages". For every installed language click "View string resource".
Here you can check (via filter) if a string resource exists and/or has a value
11 years ago
Yes there is only one page of words, in my other shop there are many pages! So it seems that the langauage pack must be corrupt. if I add another language how do I then make it the default?
11 years ago
Im going to try and import the localStringResource table from another DB, as thats where the problem is, most of this data has been lost during the upgrade somehow.

Thanks for your excellent pointers
11 years ago
I imported the database tabel and it fixed the problem! - Thanks very much keesjan  for your help I was a bit stumped by that problem and there was nothing else about it anywhere on the forum. It must not be a common problem.

cheers again
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.