Gmail being blocked by contact form

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
is there a reason that gmail, yahoo, and hotmail email accounts are being blocked using the form mailed installed with nop? I get all the emails from paid emails but these are blocked...is there a way around this? what do i need to do to fix it?
14 years ago
1. Open \Modules\ContactUs.ascx.cs file
2. Replace "MailAddress from = new MailAddress(email, fullName);" with "MailAddress from = new MailAddress(MessageManager.AdminEmailAddress, MessageManager.AdminEmailDisplayName);"

P.S. Don't forget to save an user email (e.g. in the subject of email)
14 years ago
I changed the code as adviced but am still not able to send e-mail through form with a gmail account as sender. It just stays in the Message Queue . What do you mean with "P.S. Don't forget to save an user email (e.g. in the subject of email)"

Thanks,

Allan

Error from log:

[The type of log entry.] Log type:      MailError
[The severity of the log entry.] Severity:   11
[The log entry message.] Message:   Error sending e-mail. Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1)
[The exception details for the log entry.] Exception:   System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1) at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response) at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn, Byte[] command, String from) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.Messages.MessageManager.SendEmail(String Subject, String Body, MailAddress From, MailAddress To, List`1 bcc, List`1 cc) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\Libraries\Nop.Common\Messages\MessageManager.cs:line 817 at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.Messages.SendQueuedMessagesTask.Execute(XmlNode node) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\Libraries\Nop.Common\Messages\SendQueuedMessagesTask.cs:line 61
14 years ago
Look at this topic - https://www.nopcommerce.com/Boards/Topic.aspx?TopicID=2029
14 years ago
I updated with the coding you provided. If you goto my site and fill out the contact form as follows it doenst work:

Name: Dan
Email: [email protected]
Subject: test

If you put this in it works:

Name: Dan
Email: [email protected]
Subject: test

so its only allowing paid emails to go through.

btw godaddy is my host provider and we have tried to troubleshoot this many times with no success
12 years ago
Any updates on this - for those of use using the web-based admin?   I woudl use the code, but am not in the FTP site.

I keep getting the

sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1)

error with a Hotmail address, set to use

relay-hosting.secureserver.net
port: 25
no SSL

but client is not gettig order notification emails at hotmail address and I am wondering why this is so difficult.

thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.