new Category

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi,

I'm new to nopCommerce. I got nopCommerce 3.5 webshop and I have to extend functionality with new link in menu and a page with products from that category. I added Category and Products in Administration part but I don't know how to published them in live store.
Can someone explain me what are next steps to bring this into web shop on customer side?
Please help as soon as possible.
Thanx!
11 years ago
have you set the category and products to published?
11 years ago
Yes I set both to Published, but I can't see Accessories in Menu.
Have I add it programmaticaly? Have I do something else or is enought to add stuff in Admin area?
Thanks for answers. Any help is appreciated.
11 years ago
bulb wrote:
Yes I set both to Published, but I can't see Accessories in Menu.
Have I add it programmaticaly? Have I do something else or is enought to add stuff in Admin area?
Thanks for answers. Any help is appreciated.

Which menu are you referring to? :D
11 years ago
I reffering to top menu and I found it in file Views/Common/Menu.cshtml
I have now link in menu but it show blank page, so how can I show all items from Category 'Accesories' which I add in Admin site and add to it few products?
Thank you for answers.
11 years ago
bulb wrote:
I reffering to top menu and I found it in file Views/Common/Menu.cshtml
I have now link in menu but it show blank page, so how can I show all items from Category 'Accesories' which I add in Admin site and add to it few products?
Thank you for answers.

If you want to do it manually, use the following (in HREF of A):

@Url.RouteUrl("Category", new { categoryId = [CATEGORY_ID], SeName = [DESIRED_DISPLAY_NAME] })"

Replace [CATEGORY_ID] with the ID of your category, and [DESIRED_DISPLAY_NAME] with practically any valid URL string. :D
11 years ago
I have it like you describe. When I roll over my mouse I get in low left corner the right URL, but when I click on it I get in address bar just home url. What I missing?
11 years ago
Hey I got it! I looked false id in the database.
THANKS!
11 years ago
bulb wrote:
Hey I got it! I looked false id in the database.
THANKS!

No problem. :-D
11 years ago
Thanks for your suggestions...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.