Once an upgrade script is downloaded, execute it over your database.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hello. How does one do this?

Upgrade script is downloaded, execute it over your database.

I am trying to upgrade from 2.20 to 2.65
11 years ago
Thats what I would like to know. I am trying to upgrade from 2.40 to 2.65, using the step up as explained.

But, when I click the downloaded and extracted file, I get error "File not recognized". I dont have visual studio or anything. It has been so long since I created my 2.40 I forgot how to do it.

Any help? Anyone?
11 years ago
I think I found the answer we are looking for. We upload the file to the root of the site and then execute it with the browser somehow.

I found this link for the install w/o source code. https://www.nopcommerce.com/docs/79/installing-nopcommerce.aspx

This part:
To use IIS, copy the contents of the extracted nopCommerce folder to an IIS virtual directory (or site root), and then view the site using a browser. If you are using IIS 7, configure it to run in integrated mode, and configure the application pool to run the .NET Framework version 4.

I hope I am right. After I finish my backup of the site and the database, I am going to try that.
11 years ago
[email protected] wrote:

I am trying to upgrade from 2.20 to 2.65

Carlos:
You need to upgrade to 2.30 then 2.40 then 2.50 then 2.60 then 2.65.... "cant skip any upgrades".
11 years ago
[email protected] wrote:

This is how I did it.

Installed Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.  Express version.

for Microsoft SQL 2008 R2.  (I am using SQL 2008 on my server)

Next you will need to download all the upgrade scripts that you need to your computer.

If you are starting at version 2.2 you will have to download each upgrade script till you get to the version you age updating to.

Now, you will need to open Microsoft Management Studio and login to your database. ( That is if your hosting company allows remote access.  Contact them if you are not sure what login credentials to use.)

Finally, you need to execute each update script over the database starting a with the first upgrade script and working your way to the last one.

For info on how to run a script on Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.  Take a look at:

[url] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgyO2NN5wNA[/url]

Basically you will need to Start a New Query.  Copy the SQL script into the Query, use the parse button to check for errors, and then push the execute button.  

Just make sure you execute each script all the way up to the version you are upgrading to.  

Oh, and also make sure to backup your database just in case something goes wrong.

It was a little scary for me to do it the first time, but it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Hope this helps!
11 years ago
I was going to work on this yesterday. Somehow, while I was backing up my site, I was doing a Dreamweaver synchronize and I deleted the entire site. Then I had to call my hosting company and get them to restore their backup. Whew!

But, thank you for that information. I will check it out.
11 years ago
Oh my GOD

NO ONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE ONE YEAR IN COMPUTER SCIENCE CAN DO AN UPGRADE

AM I FINISHED?

I HAVE 2.20 AND I NOW HAVE TO USE SCRIPTS AND BACK UP SQL'S

I THOUGHT NOCOMMERCE WAS FOR EVERYONE?

SHOULD I JUST SHUT IT DOWN AND USE WORD PRESS SHOPPING CART?
11 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Oh my GOD

NO ONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE ONE YEAR IN COMPUTER SCIENCE CAN DO AN UPGRADE

AM I FINISHED?

I HAVE 2.20 AND I NOW HAVE TO USE SCRIPTS AND BACK UP SQL'S

I THOUGHT NOCOMMERCE WAS FOR EVERYONE?

SHOULD I JUST SHUT IT DOWN AND USE WORD PRESS SHOPPING CART?

Does that mean your upgrade wasn't successful? What happened? Your my leader in this Carlos!
I'm still in the backup process. I needed to backup my machine before I installed the Microsoft Sql Express thingy. And, I created a restore point.
*I also got my hosting provider to make a zip of my site and I used FileZilla ftp thingy to get that.
*I also made a mirror site for testing.
*I also backed up my database.

Now I'm ready to start the upgrade. But, after seeing your last post, maybe the sql express thingy is not the way to go?

As of now, I dont have visual studio, or the sql express thingy. But, I am determined to upgrade to 2.65 pending the 2.70 release in Sept.

It would be nice if someone more experienced could help out on this post?
11 years ago
Many of us are having problems.

How come NOP COMMERCE IS SILENT?

THEY MUST MAKE IT EASIER AND THEY MUST DO THIS FOR US.

THIS IS ANGERING MANY PEOPLE.
11 years ago
I am waiting for more detailed instructions now. It is Sunday for me... Saturday in the states. I am still trying to get my mirror site up. LOL.

No way Im going to try this on my live site without some more detailed information now! YIKES!

It seems, that the instructions would be more clear, or somebody on this forum would put that in there. The instructions at the start of the upgrading forum is only two sentences long. OUCH!

Helleerrrrr! It not that easy!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.