Instructions: How to Get Your Arvixe VPS Upgraded to .Net 4.5 to Support NopCommerce 2.7

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi! I've been communicating with my contact at Arvixe, and here's the situation with the 4.5 upgrade on VPS servers:

1) Because VPS are often customized by their users, a sweeping rollout of 4.5 could create massive havoc for those users who aren't ready for the upgrade, or don't have the manpower available to dedicate to it at this time. (Hi, I'm one of those businesses, and I'm grateful for the option to plan my rollout, instead of having it planned for me.)

2) If you are ready to make the upgrade to your VPS, you can absolutely do so, in one of two ways:

a) DIY - log in through Remote Desktop Connection, and do the installation on your own server

b) Put in a support ticket request to Arvixe at http://support.arvixe.com, or e-mail at support AT arvixe.com, and the support team will install 4.5 for you.

If you have any other questions, please ping me at [email protected], and I'll route your question to the appropriate parties. Thanks!

(For more info on this topic, you can also see this thread on the Arvixe boards: http://forum.arvixe.com/smf/general/net-4-5-framework-on-vpsclass-server/new/#new)
11 years ago
Thank you!!
11 years ago
Hi Carole,
What about those of us on the Business hosting plan?  How can we get our update?
I've been chatting with tech support for an hour and all he got to say is wait, hold on, and one moment.  It feels like I'm on hold indefinite and no update in between.  Any help is appreciated.
11 years ago
My understanding is that the shared hosting servers are already being upgraded; I will look into the time frame for the Business class servers, and relay what I find out.
11 years ago
Thank you very much Carole.

As for BusinessClass ASP, we are doing the upgrades slowly but first on servers where there is a request made. 4.5 upgrades do cause moments of outage for .NET sites so we do those manually and only at night to cause the least number of customers issues.

Simply let me know your server name on here and I'll create a ticket and have it routed to server operations.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.