Personalization

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hello all,
      I have an option I need to add to my product.

The best analogy would be offering a customer the option to include a card with a custom message.

The card itself is optional, but the card is NOT available without the primary product.
The message can be in 1 of 2 colors. (but only 1 color even if 2 lines are chosen)
Each line cannot exceed 40 characters.

The options for the card are:
No card and no message - $0
Color - Silver/Gold
Card with 1 Line = + $X
Card with 2 Lines = + $Y

How would I set something like this up?

thanks
14 years ago
you would do this by adding attributes with values to your primary product (you can use drop down lists, radioboxes and checkboxes as you need) if you require, you can set certain attributes to increase the price of the primary product ie if 'having a card' is going to add $1 to the price you can do this

create 1 attribute for card with 2 values:   no card / with card $x
create 1 attribute for colour with 2 values:  red / gold  (maybe you will add $x  for a gold card you can do this too)

the next bit is a problem though.
you need more than 1 text box, but at present you can only have  one (which you set up in the product varient sku section when you edit a product) - i recently put up a post :

https://www.nopcommerce.com/Boards/Topic.aspx?TopicID=2013

As i write, we have v1.3 of the store - and it seems that textboxes as a configural option attribute may be a feature of the next version of the cart which, i believe, is due out this month

depending on how you can configure textboxes in the next version (maybe we won't be able to set a +$ value), you may have to set the card attribute with 3 values ie
create 1 attribute for card with 3 values:   no card / card with 1 line $x / card with two lines $x

again, without knowing how the new attribute will be configureable, limiting the character length of a line may be more difficult - in html, there is an maxlength="" attribute which limits data in an input field, in asp.net i've not tried to acheive this - in any event, it would involve some manipulation of the code.

in the meantime, try to set up the other attributes on a sample product
1st, from the main menu select  :
catalogue - attributes -->product attributes-->add new

enter the name of your attribute eg gift card (personally, i leave out a description because it adds a space which i feel upsets the look of the product page - try it and see what i mean)
save, then:
products-->manage products-->add new-->save-->product varients(sku's)-->select productvarient-->product varient attibutes-->

you can then select the 'gift card' attribute from  the 'select attribute' drop down list : control Type - choose the most appropriate for your needs    -->add attribute

in the 'values column' select add/edit (its an orange link)

in 'Add new values' give a name to the first one
eg no card
then save

give a name to the second one
eg card with one line
price adjustment $x
then save

give a name to the third one
eg card with two lines
price adjustment $x
then save

remember to save them all - and that should be a start for you - like i said, either wait for the new version to see what the configuration is or make some code changes

hope i got the order of all that right !!
_
14 years ago
you could try looking at this post :

https://www.nopcommerce.com/Boards/Topic.aspx?TopicID=2069

to find out about maxlength on the text field
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.