v2.70 More user-friendly "error" "page not found", "store closed" implementation?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
In the release notes for v2.70 it states "More user-friendly "error" "page not found", "store closed" implementation.". I was wondering what has been changed to make it more user friendly?
11 years ago
"error" and "page not found" pages got more friendly formatting. Store closed page is now implemented as a view (not HTML file)
11 years ago
Andrei,

In changeset 79eb32dfcc07, you rolled back some changes that would have allowed the use of a topic to manage the content of "page not found" page.  Will it be possible to overcome the route issues to accomplish this or is it dead?
11 years ago
I'm not issue that it's possible.
11 years ago
Would it be possible to make all of those pages available to be edited through Topics? Would it also be possible to have them show in the theme instead of a white page without any navigation options, etc.?
11 years ago
"page not found" - It's not possible right now because of some issues with routing.
"error" - I don't think it should be done as topic and shown in the theme. Theme cannot be loaded sometimes (for example, an error could happen in some controller) . In this case error won't be rendered.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.