SUGGESTION: Create Order AFTER Payment Complete

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Still finding this happening on 3.8 as well.

Do the Devs have a solution for this?  In my case it's not so much about inventory, but the fact that the user is added to an ACL(customer role) which is setup as a paywall.  Canceling out of paypal step seems to complete an order in Nop.  Thus adding the user to the ACL which gives them access to the pay content.

Is this only a paypal plugin in thing?  Does this happen with the Paypal direct or other gateways as well?
7 years ago
Hey guys,
I am sure almost everyone of us are having this issue of inventory reducing without orders being paid.
I have 2 websites (1 not a big issue for now but 2nd website is expected to have a lot of traffic & products).

Does the solution suggested by sanjay3095 a good work around?
Is there any work to change this design?

I need this sorted ASAP otherwise need to figure out other options (I hate to move away from nopCommerce after purchasing templates, plugins and also investing so much time on it).

I don't understand how a high volume website can live with an issue like this...
Looking for suggestions...

Andre mentioned in a bug I opened that it's by design.
https://github.com/nopSolutions/ccavenue-plugin-for-nopcommerce/issues/2#event-958257044
7 years ago
if there's to be a change, there would need to be a setting to allow a choice.

I have several nopcommerce sites - I use one solely to create invoices to send out to clients. I wont get paid until they get this invoice .... I allow BACS transfer as a payment option so nopcommerce will never know when an order is placed unless inputted manually

on another, orders are placed by registered and verified customers - i know who they are and they will not be billed until the items in the order are atually made for them and delivered - i need the invoice at the start because it details whats to be made - then it gets shipped with the order. between placeing an order and getting paid could be as long as six weeks.

one of the out of the box payment methods include cheque and Purchase Order - again, no payment will be made but we need the order to be placed.

Perhaps one avenue would be that in the setup of certain payment methods, the order is not placed if it is through a payment gateway
but is placed if it through a manual method ?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.