upgrade script error for upgrade 2.65 to 2.7 when using SQL Server Compact

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hello,

I found year-old posts regarding the same issue for older nopCommerce versions but no solution and I do not want to believe that it is not solved by now.

So, I installed 2.65 with SQL Server Compact db-file.
After 2.7 came out I wanted to run the upgrade script and it throws an error right away at the first declare @resources XML statement, saying that this statement is unknown for SQL Server Compact.

I am running VS2012, WebMatrix2.

What is the solution? I don't understand in the first place why that upgrade script is not working right of the box since nopCommerce offers the option to run with SQL Compact. So, I would expect to get a working upgrade script from the get-go.

Anyone who had run into the same issue and knows the solution? Help is very much appreciated.
Frank
11 years ago
Hi!

AFAIK the upgrade scripts won't work at all with ServerCompact DBs.
I wanted to upgrade some compact db's too, but ended up with copying all the data to a SQL-Server DB where i finally could run the scripts...

Best regards
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.