How to remove 'checkout' button

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi nopCommerce team & forum members -

I plan to use GoogleCheckout exclusively, and therefore would like to remove the checkout button ('btnCheckout' NOT the GoogleCheckout one) from the OrderSummary page.  How can I do this?

Thank you in advance for your help.
14 years ago
cant garentee it wont have an effect elsewhere but you could open up

modules-->OrderSummary.ascx

and take out

<asp:Button ID="btnCheckout" OnClick="btnCheckout_Click" runat="server" Text="Checkout"
                SkinID="CheckoutButton" />

on line 111

if that's not all, it's probably the place to start
14 years ago
Thanks for the quick reply... but I'm still having problems:

I tried removing the line above, but ran into the following unhandled exception error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.OrderSummary.ApplyLocalization() in OrderSummary.ascx.cs:53
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.OrderSummary.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in OrderSummary.ascx.cs:59
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

I then tried removing the following from OrderSummary.ascx.cs:

btnCheckout.Text = GetLocaleResourceString("ShoppingCart.Checkout");

But this produced the same error as above.

I am new to this, and unsure of how to proceed, so any help would be appreciated!
14 years ago
Don't forget to recompile the application
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.