Site ready for production

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
The site is still under development but I put it in the production url already for testing and much did go wrong.
barlagbloemen

The site is for a Dutch flower shop, did not make the whole English translation yet. Still have to do tons of work but hope to bring it online this week.

So this week I will be busy bringing this site online. It took me a while to get into the code of nopcommerce and still learning. I could only work on this project on the Sunday and also not all the Sundays. I started with nop 1.2 and implemented some of the changes made in 1.3. I did some minor changes too.

I customized the way the attributes are added. I linked the attributes to a product group so every product group could have his own default attributes and you don't have to add attributes for every new product. Still have some bugs but I can live with it for now. I saw that in the new release the attributes can have text fields, good thing coming. It is what it is thank you guys iám not a pro but i,amm looking forward with the things i know now to build a next shop.

http://www.nopcommerce.nl/ did not know you where real noppers
14 years ago
The design looks nice! Good job.

We have registered the .nl domain name because we have recently registered as a nopCommerce solution partner. On our new website (ready in January) nopCommerce will get a prominent place.
14 years ago
Thanks

In that case no sweat link..
14 years ago
I am wondering how to do somethign close to what you did on top. I have a logo that is larger then the one nop uses and i woudl liek to add it. How did you adjsut the size of the logo area?
14 years ago
@ stevedude

The logo size can be changed within the master.css file located inside the AppTheme folder. It is the a.logo element that should be around line 124. In order to have a large centered logo you will most likely have to adjust other elements that are located inside of the header. If you need any further help feel free message me.

Best Regards

Curt
www.100development.com
nopCommerce Theme Store
14 years ago
Michael,

Your flower site looks awesome!! Thanks to the team at nopCommerce for putting together this platform!!!

Do you have any tips for design that you could pass on to the community? Maybe for example, where and how to modify certain settings such as the logo, category highlights, using more of the screen when starting with the dark orange template, etc? This is something that most people probably want to do.

I have not found a good resource yet to answer these questions.

Another question I have is how did you add more fields to your contact form? I have just started customizing my site and have not really looked around this forum yet and have not looked through all the code in the files.

Neal
14 years ago
Hi thanks

I will get back to you later how i customize the headers etc.. I am not a designer but more a developer i did some puzzle’ing with the styles but everyone can manage this.

For know the site is offline because i having some problems with the provider. after the problems are solved i will answer youre question. Thanks to the NopCommerce guys which gives us unough tools to do it.

Cheers,

Laters

Michael
14 years ago
Sounds great Michael. I am not a developer either, more of a IT Security / Network guy but I have been doing more and more websites in the last few years.

When you get done if you want I can put your information on my website.  I already have some information on there.

http://www.itfishbowl.com/forum/nopCommerce/

Neal
14 years ago
Hi it is a long time ago but the site is for me ready for production.

I will answer some question now From N.

I made the site as i mention in my evening hours and in the weekend.

The customer is a payed customer but i did something wrong. To  ask to pay when it is finished, since the customer did not recieve a penny within 2 months from his web site he decided not to pay at all. Well shit happends.

But thanks to nop. i am happy with the final result.

Hope 2 use more nope more better.
14 years ago
Website looks nice
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.