www.waterware.co.uk

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
UK site http://www.waterware.co.uk based on v1.3, slightly customised using SagePay extension by Cirrious
14 years ago
site now upgraded to v1.5.  Notice there is still the serious shipping bug in 1.5 as there was in 1.3

http://nopcommerce.com/boards/topic.aspx?topicid=1890
14 years ago
diggers wrote:
Notice there is still the serious shipping bug in 1.5

It's not bug. It's by design.

1. If you need a fixed price for the weight range rather than the 'price per kg', just set 'ShippingByWeightAndCountry.CalculatePerWeightUnit' setting to 'false'
2. If you need to restrict certain shipping methods to certain country, then go to admin area > Configuration > Shipping > Shipping Methods. You can set up country restictions there.
14 years ago
I have set it to false.  I have also restricted the shipping methods to only the UK but it still then shows all shipping methods for the country for the cart regardless of whether he cart is in the weight range of the method.

Looks like a bug to me but I'm about to dig into the code and take a look.
14 years ago
Definately a bug in the code - the same that was in earlier versions.

In ShippingByWeightAndCountryComputationMethod.cs

Look at lines 108 to 116 - extract of the code below.

Line 108 - Gets all shipping methods for the country
THEN line 114 gets the rates based on cart weight etc - this returns zero as a default!  If the cart is outside of the weight range for the option it will return zero (free shipping option!)
THEN Line 115 adds this option (with its rate even if it is zero) to the options.

var shippingMethods = ShippingMethodManager.GetAllShippingMethods(ShipmentPackage.ShippingAddress.CountryID);
            foreach (var shippingMethod in shippingMethods)
            {
                var shippingOption = new ShippingOption();
                shippingOption.Name = shippingMethod.Name;
                shippingOption.Description = shippingMethod.Description;
                shippingOption.Rate = GetRate(subTotal, weight, shippingMethod.ShippingMethodID,    ShipmentPackage.ShippingAddress.Country.CountryID);
                shippingOptions.Add(shippingOption);
            }

It needs an IF conditional statement before line 115 - shippingOptions.Add(shippingOption) - to only add the option if not zero.
14 years ago
Nice site.

May I make a suggestion?

The blue text in the title for the list boxes contrasts quite a bit with the background.  I could barely read it because it contrasted too much.

Other than that I think your site was very well made and I can tell you put a lot of hard work into it.

Good job.
14 years ago
Thanks for the good suggestion - I'll change to a different blue shortly.
14 years ago
Hi diggers,

Did you change the blue text?  I went back to your website and the blue text was a lot easier to read and looks really nice.
14 years ago
I did - just a slightly lighter shade
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.