Database size is 523Mb??

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what size the newly installed database with sample data should be please?

When I log into my plesk account  it tells me that it is 523Mb. Surely that can't be the size of a nearly empty database?

I only have one SQL Server database installed on my server so I know that its not the combined size of seveal databses.

Thanks
14 years ago
As there are several different versions, please always mention the version you are referring to when posting.
14 years ago
Hi,

I'm running the latest 1.30 version.

I don't know a lot about databases and I do know that there has been a huge amount of work that has been put into nopcommerce to give it the functionality that it has  but  523Mb seems very large for a near empty database and I am thinking that I may have a problem with old databases on my host not being deleted properly.

If anyone can give me rough figure of what a fresh install, with sample data, should be that would be great.

Thank you.
14 years ago
An empty nop database is about 6mb.  How many products have you added?? Or is this a blank install?
14 years ago
This is a blank install. Though I have uninstalled a previous nopcommerce instance. I think this is just an error with my host. everything works fine but I have installed/uninstalled a number of databases in the past and I don't think they have been properly deleted from my account even though my control panel tells me I only have one database installed.

I have put in a ticket to my host to hear what they think the problem is. I will post the answer in case anyone is interested or maybe had the same problem.

Thanks
14 years ago
Try to execute the following SQL script over your database:

DBCC SHRINKDATABASE('your_db_name')
GO
14 years ago
That did the trick

Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.