Forum security - How to make certain portion of the forum open and other secure.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I want to make part of my forum open discussion for registered users and then have another portion secure for paid customers.

Anybody know how to do that? :)
11 years ago
Jackluv wrote:
I want to make part of my forum open discussion for registered users and then have another portion secure for paid customers.

You can implement an ActionFilter, where you fire the ActionFilter before the execution of specific Action in BoardsController. I've explained ActionFilter several times in the forum, you can search for it. :)
11 years ago
wooncherk wrote:

You can implement an ActionFilter, where you fire the ActionFilter before the execution of specific Action in BoardsController. I've explained ActionFilter several times in the forum, you can search for it. :)

Can I do that without doing database changes that I have no clue about?
11 years ago
Jackluv wrote:

I don't think you even need to touch database in your case. You just need to store settings of which board is available to each role, and on your ActionFilter, check the settings for appropriate actions. :D
11 years ago
wooncherk wrote:

I don't think you even need to touch database in your case. You just need to store settings of which board is available to each role, and on your ActionFilter, check the settings for appropriate actions. :D

Thank you once again for your help. I am implementing that on a site that I will be changing to nopC soon. The forum was a big concern of mine. The forum is going to be a large part of the site and I want to have levels of security.

1; Open forum for registered users.
2; Paying customers to use the forum.
3; Customers that get free usage because they have hired us for our other services.
11 years ago
Did you ever figure this out? I am wanting to do the same thing.
11 years ago
mlg74 wrote:
Did you ever figure this out? I am wanting to do the same thing.

Nope. I didnt.
11 years ago
That's too bad...
11 years ago
I simply restricted the forum access to myaccountnavigation.cshtml with a redirect on the forum url so only registered and logged in customers can acces it.

You could create a category with ACL with apprpoiate links if you are using nopCommerce 2.80.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/21376/secure-forum-for-access-by-specific-role-only.aspx
11 years ago
JonNopper wrote:
I simply moved the forum access to myaccountnavigation.cshtml so only registered and logged in customers can acces it.

You could create a category with ACL with apprpoiate links if you are using nopCommerce 2.80.

Thank you for the response. I am running 2.8, and am looking at the ACL list and there is not an option to create one. What do you mean, create a category with ACL?

I will explore moving the forum to myaccountnavication.cshtml...not sure how to move the entire forum to one cshtml page? Thanks again for your response, and maybe a little clarification would help. Thanks!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.