login details have stopped working

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi,

I just made some changes in the admin area and now I can't log back in to nopcommerce as administrator.

The changes I made were:

Deleted the registration info topic
Checked the email validation
Show user names

There were 2 administrator accounts set up when trying to log in with anyone of these accounts gives me the error message:

Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again.

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue please.

Thanks
14 years ago
Hi,

I have had a look in the nop_Customer table in the database and it shows my administrator account is active but I still can't log in to my store with my username and password that I was using before I made the above changes.

I was thinking about registering as a new user then running an sql script on the database to make the new user an administrator but I don't know very much about sql.

Can anyone provide me with an sql query that would acheive this or tell me another way I can resolve this problem please.

Thanks
14 years ago
have you just upgraded or is this v1.3?

either way, are you using visual web developer 2008 ?

If so you can use 'database explorer' to open your database and alter the database tables from your desktop
14 years ago
I am using version 1.3

I cannot use VWD at the moment as Sql Server master file is corrupt but I can get access to the database through DotNetPanel on my host but I have to run SQL queries on the tables.

I'm not that familiar with SQL queries and don't want to mess things up.

I know that I have to run an INSERT INTO statement but I was hoping someone could tell me how I should write the statement to insert a a new customer into the Nop_Customer table that will have administrator set to true.

Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.