Free item with purchase of so many...Is it possible??

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I have been given the task of buy 6 tools & get a toolbox for free. I have been fumbling around in the discounts thinking of making the toolbox $100 and when 6 items are added you put in promo code to remove $100. OR making toolbox free but requiring other product variants. I can't drill it down to 6 different items without it needing just 1 variant of the item...We need to be able to buy 3 wrenches, 2 screwdrivers & 1 hammer = Free Toolbox.

This is the first question I have asked on here, I have had 6 months worth of questions answered by this forum. Thank you!! Any help would be appreciated!

- TD
11 years ago
nopTD wrote:
I have been given the task of buy 6 tools & get a toolbox for free. I have been fumbling around in the discounts thinking of making the toolbox $100 and when 6 items are added you put in promo code to remove $100. OR making toolbox free but requiring other product variants. I can't drill it down to 6 different items without it needing just 1 variant of the item...We need to be able to buy 3 wrenches, 2 screwdrivers & 1 hammer = Free Toolbox.

This is the first question I have asked on here, I have had 6 months worth of questions answered by this forum. Thank you!! Any help would be appreciated!

- TD

I don't think that you can do it out of the box.
The only solution (kind of a hack) I find is to have a product variant "tools" with product variant attributes values "wrench", "screwdriver", "hammer"... and have discount 100% for the tool box with the restriction "Customer has all of these variants in the cart" Restricted product variants:"tools":6-100; but you cannot track stock.
11 years ago
eadameg wrote:

- TD
I don't think that you can do it out of the box.
The only solution (kind of a hack) I find is to have a product variant "tools" with product variant attributes values "wrench", "screwdriver", "hammer"... and have discount 100% for the tool box with the restriction "Customer has all of these variants in the cart" Restricted product variants:"tools":6-100; but you cannot track stock.

Thank you for the reply, but I don't think that's going work :( I would have to redo our whole website to make this happen and not tracking stock would be bad. Any other ideas??

-TD
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.