v1.4 first galance

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
very happy to see :

'Allow navigation only for registered customers' :  
a very valuable option for me as i want a wholesale catalogue which will not allow general public access - i expect there will be many others as happy as me !!

!!   BUT   !!, i noted that when this is selected, it is not possible to navigate to the 'register' page -  this is good for me because i intend to add the new users myself because i want to verify the status of new wholesale clients.

As a suggestion for the future, it would be very useful to allow new clients to register but not allow navigation of the site until administration had authorized them - in a similar way as we currently do for product reviews.

textbox attribute :
so very useful !!

'Products also purchased'
a very good sellling tool

I'm just road testing the 'import products from excel' this is another great feature

Kudos to all the team
14 years ago
in 1.3 you can add a value to the product specification but in this 1.4 version you need to add the options for each specification, what happens if the value is not on a list but to be custom entered, like the ISBN number of the book.
Any one have any idea?
Thanks
14 years ago
You cannot enter custom values for product specification in 1.4
14 years ago
Is there a suggestion for a way around it?
14 years ago
Yes, but it'll require some customization. Just add appropriate string property to "ProductVariantAttributeValue" entity ([Nop_produictVariant_ProductAttribute_Mapping] table) and use it
14 years ago
Thanks for your quick reply , I am really appreciate it, could you please explain more clearly for me please, are you talking about adding more fields into the product variant attribute table. I thought the product variant attribute is for the customer to enter when they see the product details ( each attribute mapping has to have a control type ).
What i really want is that I can add another field into product varriant table to let the admin add more custom attributes of the products.
Thanks again for your help.
14 years ago
Sorry. Of course you're right. You should add this property to "ProductSpecificationAttribute" entity (Nop_Product_SpecificationAttribute_Mapping)
14 years ago
Thanks, that was what I thought, I never added or made any changes to the database before since I thought it would be difficult to go through the codes and add new property for a class, do you have any advice for me on doing this customization, which part on which projects do I need to go through in order to add this new field into product specification mapping,when succeed I am will upload the parts that I do on here so that other people can have a look if they are in the same situation as me.
Thanks again.
14 years ago
Look at this topic to get more info about adding new fields to entities
14 years ago
hello i have just upgraded to v1.4 but am receiving the following error when i click on any of the [sample] products/categories. i will also get this error when trying to manage products in the administration view.

any suggestions?

p.s. i do not have access to the sql tables as it is not hosted locally.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Server Error in '/store' Application.

Invalid object name 'dbo.Nop_Product_SpecificationAttribute_Mapping'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'dbo.Nop_Product_SpecificationAttribute_Mapping'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'dbo.Nop_Product_SpecificationAttribute_Mapping'.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +1950890
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +4846875
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +194
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2392
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +33
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +83
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +297
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +954
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +141
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +12
   System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +10
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.DoExecuteReader(DbCommand command, CommandBehavior cmdBehavior) +210
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.ExecuteReader(DbCommand command) +244
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.DataAccess.Products.SQLProductProvider.GetAllProducts(Int32 CategoryID, Int32 ManufacturerID, Nullable`1 FeaturedProducts, Nullable`1 PriceMin, Nullable`1 PriceMax, String Keywords, Boolean SearchDescriptions, Int32 PageSize, Int32 PageIndex, List`1 FilteredSpecs, Boolean showHidden, Int32& TotalRecords) +1796
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Products.ProductManager.GetAllProducts(Int32 CategoryID, Int32 ManufacturerID, Nullable`1 FeaturedProducts, Nullable`1 PriceMin, Nullable`1 PriceMax, String Keywords, Boolean SearchDescriptions, Int32 PageSize, Int32 PageIndex, List`1 FilteredSpecs, Int32& TotalRecords) +280
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Products.ProductManager.GetAllProducts(Int32 CategoryID, Int32 ManufacturerID, Nullable`1 FeaturedProducts, Int32 PageSize, Int32 PageIndex, Int32& TotalRecords) +156
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Categories.Category.get_FeaturedProducts() +102
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Templates.Categories.ProductsInGrid.BindData() +435
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Templates.Categories.ProductsInGrid.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +80
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.