Most Recent Version of nopCommerce with .Net Framework 3.5

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi.

I currently have a production nopCommerce v1.5 web site that I am starting to upgrade to a 2.x version. However, my hosting provider has only .Net Framework 3.5 on their windows servers.

Therefore, what would be the most recent version of nopCommerce that uses .Net Framework 3.5?

Thank you in advance.

Todd
11 years ago
11 years ago
Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have opened the 2.65 VS2010 project & the selected .Net Framework version is v4.0. But when I change the Framework Version to v3.5 in the project (Nop.Core as an example since this is the first project in the build sequence) there are a number of build errors that seem to be directly related to functionality only available in v4.0 of the .Net Framework.

Is there a documented process for making the nopCommerce v2.65 work with .Net 3.5? Or is it a case of just working through the build errors to make it work? I have the coding experience to do this, but if there was an easy way or a version of 2.65 that is available that is already configured with .Net Framework 3.5, then I guess my upgrade path will be smoother.

Thanks.
Todd
11 years ago
Oops, sorry.  I was thinking 4.5 as per 2.70.   I don't recall if/when nopC was on 3.5, and I don't know if you'd want to go back to such an old version.   2.65 is very stable and had many performance improvements.   I'm surprised your host doesn't have 3.5 at all.  Maybe they can move you to another server.  Otherwise, no there is no docs about changing the .NET version.  You'll just need to brute force change all the project references.  (Remove the plugin projects that you don't need).  I'm not sure if there are any other caveats (Entity Framework?).
11 years ago
Thank you for your help.

My host has .Net Framework 3.5, so I think my best upgrade path is v2.65 with a brute force route. I will post any gotcha's I find back to this thread as I am sure that there may be others that have the same problem.

Thanks.
Todd
11 years ago
Hi,

Has there ever been a version in the history of nopCommerce where MVC2 was used? MVC3 can not be used with .Net Framework 3.5, and to downgrade to MVC2 means that Razor views can not be used. Is there any point in the code base where nopCommerce was released with MVC but without Razor?

Due to this my project to use v2.x with .Net Framework 3.5 may grind to a halt and I may just upgrade to v1.9.

Thanks.
Todd
11 years ago
No.  2.x started with MVC3 & Razor.
I'd get a new host :)   If you go with 1.9 you'll miss out on new features, bug fixes, etc.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.