Duplicate category name question

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi guys, just a quick one.

Say I have 2 categories both named 'accessories' but with different departments I.e:

Xbox > Accessories
PS3 > Accessories

If I were to navigate to /accessories which one will show?

Might be a stupid question or nop may create distinct urls but thought I better check!

Thanks,

Dave
11 years ago
It will be preceded by its parent category so there would not be any confusion
11 years ago
Yeh but the URL would be www.test.com/accessories for both - the parent name isn't in the URL so how would it know if I'm viewing Xbox or PS3 accessories?
11 years ago
This is not the standard flow, how Nop works but if you are forcing it to then include parent category ID in Sub category i.e. Accessories
11 years ago
Just try to create two categories with the same name and you'll see that they won't get the same URL. "-1" will be added to the second one. Or can manually specify any search engine friendly name on SEO tab if you want to a custom one.
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Just try to create two categories with the same name and you'll see that they won't get the same URL. "-1" will be added to the second one. Or can manually specify any search engine friendly name on SEO tab if you want to a custom one.

Is there any recommended maximum size for SEnames? and for SE titles and descriptions?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.