Category display customization query

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi All

I am new to the nopCommerce environment but with a background in  version of ASP.Net pre MVC 3. Not sure if this is the correct section of the forum to post this query, I hope it is.

We have a request to work on a current nopCommerce development which has already been launched onto the web. We were given access to the compiled files on the server.

We have to update a certain section of the website to display information in a sort order required by the owner of the website.

The page currently works but does not order the entries the way the website owner wants it.

The question I have is do we need to make the changes in the source code files or could we implement the changes in the compiled code (I highly doubt it but just wanted to confirm with more experienced users).

Your feedback would be highly appreciated.
Thanks and regards.
11 years ago
If the items you want sorting are Categories, Manufactures, Products or ProductVariants or Pictures than the sort order should be controllable via the displayorder editable through the admin side.

If you want to change the order of elements on the page then you should be able to alter the code in the relevant .cshtml or .aspx file.

HTH
11 years ago
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. It's definitely got me thinking in the correct direction.

I'll post again if I get stuck further along the way.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.