Difference in themes going from 2.65 to 2.80

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I started out with version 2.65 and created a fairly detailed bespoke theme based on the then default version.

Since my upgrade to 2.80 my theme error'd, that was corrected by replacing the old web config file in the views folders.

However my theme now looks all out of whack, styles don't look right and the page layout is all over the place.

I'm wondering if there have been major changes made to the way themes work? Do i need to start all over again?

Any info much appreciated.

S
11 years ago
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/21253/detailed-instructions-how-to-upgrade-from-270-to-280.aspx
11 years ago
I am experiencing the same issue while upgrading from 2.65 to 2.8. The older css seems to be not compatible with new layouts. For the moment being I got a decent result by copying layout files from 2.65 to my theme folder in 2.8. I am not sure whether it will not produce some side effects but for now it seems that I got much closer to the desired result. Anyway I  like neither new theme design nor its layout, usage of older layouts might be a good starting point even if it delivers some issues: dealing with them might be easier then dealing with the need of recreating the previous look from the new one. BTW, even if I liked the new theme - it would not mean that I could use it: I have to think about existing customers, they will not necessarily like the changes.

I suppose that change of the theme must be combined with providing a possibility of using the old one, which would also result in a possibility of easy reuse of customized themes based on the old theme. Actually I came to the site in a hope to download an old Orange theme modified to work with new layouts and/or views to use it as a starting point for recreating my previously used theme since such a theme would be much closer to my one than the new default theme.

PS
I could get the "traditional" look of my new 2.8 site (development version) using the css and layout views from 2.65, though it required some changes in views code and will probably require some more changes after complete testing. It also seems that some views that previously used three columns layout now use two columns layout, other similar changes are possible.
My situation is rather specific, generally it might be better to rework the new theme using css etc so that it looks more or less like the previously used one.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.