Send e-mails to certain addresses when a product is sold

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I am very impressed with nopCommerce and I would love to use it for my store. My issue is when a product is sold an e-mail goes to the my e-mail address and the customers e-mail address. I also need a 3rd e-mail to be sent to a specified e-mail depending on the product which is sold.

For example, if item1 is sold I need an e-mail to go to [email protected] and if item2 is sold I need an e-mail to go to [email protected]. Is this possible or how would I integrate this when I am adding the product?
11 years ago
macon wrote:
I am very impressed with nopCommerce and I would love to use it for my store. My issue is when a product is sold an e-mail goes to the my e-mail address and the customers e-mail address. I also need a 3rd e-mail to be sent to a specified e-mail depending on the product which is sold.

For example, if item1 is sold I need an e-mail to go to [email protected] and if item2 is sold I need an e-mail to go to [email protected]. Is this possible or how would I integrate this when I am adding the product?

Not out of the box. You can achieve that having a server/computer which i always running and installing there an outlook which will receive copies of the mails and automatically resend them according to the mail contents. Your mail server may provide that service too.
11 years ago
Yes, most mail hosts have a "Forwarding" feature.  Check your host control panel.
11 years ago
i think this feature belong to drop-shipping, so maybe it relevant to version 3.00.
because in drop-shipping we want to tell the supplier that his product was sold,
so we should give every product a custom email to send if it purchased.

Shay
11 years ago
You can work directly on the database.
If you add a boolean  field in productvariant table and setup a trigger on order tables that fires when order status changes to 30, ie. Completed, you can test if a particular sku is involved checking your field and send an email directly from sqlserver.
If you have express just search the web, there are solutions to send mails even from expres.
11 years ago
infinito62 wrote:
You can work directly on the database.
If you add a boolean  field in productvariant table and setup a trigger on order tables that fires when order status changes to 30, ie. Completed, you can test if a particular sku is involved checking your field and send an email directly from sqlserver.
If you have express just search the web, there are solutions to send mails even from expres.

In that case it would be better to add a email field where the mail would be sent with the suggested sql procedure when the order is completed
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.