Multi-store roadmap. Let's discuss (UPDATE: done)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi Guys,

For those of you who do not have the time to read all the posts in this forum thread we have put together an article on the multi-store support.

I hope you find it useful!

http://www.nop-templates.com/whats-new-in-nopcommerce-30-part-2-multi-store-support
11 years ago
This article is very helpful. Thanks!

7Spikes wrote:
Hi Guys,

For those of you who do not have the time to read all the posts in this forum thread we have put together an article on the multi-store support.

http://www.nop-templates.com/whats-new-in-nopcommerce-30-part-2-multi-store-support
11 years ago
7Spikes wrote:
Hi Guys,

Excellent article!!!
Thank you!!!
SUGGESTIONS:
- At least a link to the article should be included in the Nop Documentation
- Include some comments on the Multi-Vendor feature because it is also interrelated to Multi-Store. Example a vendor could run his own store (but it would have to be configured (including categories and manufacturers) by global store managers).
11 years ago
eadameg wrote:
Hi Guys,

Excellent article!!!
Thank you!!!
SUGGESTIONS:
- At least a link to the article should be included in the Nop Documentation
- Include some comments on the Multi-Vendor feature because it is also interrelated to Multi-Store. Example a vendor could run his own store (but it would have to be configured (including categories and manufacturers) by global store managers).

Hi Eduardo,

I'm glad you like the article!
Regarding the multi-vendor support we did write a separate article on it, which was the first part of this blog series. Please find it here:

http://www.nop-templates.com/whats-new-in-nopcommerce-30-part-1-multi-vendor-support

Hope it is useful too!
11 years ago
A suggestion about the vendor/multistore products.
Now: If a vendor add a new product it will be added to all stores.

I think, in practice, that most in the multistore/vendor setup, a vendor will only be adding products for a specific store.

So a few suggestions:

1.By default 'Limited to stores' checked for vendors
2.Only the vendors store(s) should be checked by default
3.Give a vendor only access to specific stores

What your take?
11 years ago
Is it mandatory that the site to be redirected using CNAME only, or can we use website setting and redirect it to nop3.0 store?
11 years ago
kakoli wrote:
Is it mandatory that the site to be redirected using CNAME only, or can we use website setting and redirect it to nop3.0 store?

yes
11 years ago
Hi All,

My company is interested in porting NopCommerce multi-store as a complete SaaS offering. Meaning each store within the multi-store environment will be provided with a completely isolated databases and each store can be scaled independently of the others.

Our database is designed for cloud and secure multi-tenant applications. We are willing to take on the the work of the port and adding in the necessary code to support data isolation and maintain it as open source. However, before we take this on we would like to get some feedback from users and partners to know if there is any interest in a NopCommerce SaaS solution.

Thanks,

W
11 years ago
wchaudry wrote:
Hi All,

My company is interested in porting NopCommerce multi-store as a complete SaaS offering. Meaning each store within the multi-store environment will be provided with a completely isolated databases and each store can be scaled independently of the others.

Our database is designed for cloud and secure multi-tenant applications. We are willing to take on the the work of the port and adding in the necessary code to support data isolation and maintain it as open source. However, before we take this on we would like to get some feedback from users and partners to know if there is any interest in a NopCommerce SaaS solution.

Thanks,

W

Probably you are not the first one thinking about this. I am not that proficient in nop but I had done a little proof of concept about this. My system was outside of nop but referencing and using nop assemblies. In case such a project is started I would like to take place.
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:

Find how this step 3 could be done in Plesk control panel below:
When "www.store2.com" is redirected to "www.store1.com", the web server for Plesk does not know how to display "www.store2.com" because it uses what's called Name-Based Virtual Hosting. The solution is simple, you just have to create a domain alias for "www.store2.com". For future reference, here is how you would do this:
3a. Log in to the domain panel for "www.store1.com", either directly or via the "Open in Control Panel" link in the server admin panel
3b. Go to the Websites & Domains tab and select the "Add New Domain Alias" link near the bottom
3c. Enter the full alias (in this case "store2.com")
3d. Make sure "Web service" is checked. "Mail service" is optional, this is if you want mail the @store2.com to redirect in a similar way. Leave "Synchronize DNS zone with the primary domain" unchecked.

can somebody explain how to set this up on Arvixe ?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.